What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

simple question but I couldn't figure it out

johnsilvia

Hey good day guys, I have a simple question but I couldn't figure it out. how can I make the SAME exact white lines as shown in the picture. box.png

Use rectangle tool...

Set to Fill pixels. Then click and hold left mouse, drag to the right and down a fraction. Then release mouse.

Happy days.

Here's two I made earlier lol.

http://prntscr.com/1sup06

Thanks for the speedy response!

i did exactly what you said but the line is very harsh, on the picture it looks smooths and fade out a bit..

Any ideas?

You could also use the Pen Tool, set to path, and then stroke the path. You must first set up your brush to the correct brush, hardness, and size. Duplicate the layer for the second line. I would also use the grid lines.

Again, using the grid lines, you could also use the Line Tool. Set the weight to the size you want.

You can lower the opacity to adjust the hardness.
You can also add a layer mask, use the Gradient Tool, set to foreground to transparent, to fade out the ends a bit.

"Harsh" lines.....
lines_01.png

Lines with lowered opacity...
lines_02.png

Layer mask with gradient...
lines_03.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 10.12.14 PM.png

Last edited:
Layer 1 lighter blue, layer 2 darker blue - on 2nd layer used pen tool to create two lines/stroked with eraser set at 2 pixels.
lines.jpg

Sometimes, the best way to see what something is made of or how something was done is to zoom up to it , hover your mouse over a detail and see the mix in the info palette.

Use the single row (line) marquee tool... or rectangular marquee and create your line ONE PIXEL high. delete excess ends.

FILL WHITE.... lower opacity to 40%. The original shows an almost constant mix of CMYK - 34 / 8 / 13 / 0 - along the entire line.

line.jpg

this is why i love ps so many ways to do same thing

and just to throw another method in

draw line using any method you like then go to filter > blur > motion blur making sure the direction is the same as your line and you achieve the same effect

We had a guy pop up on the Adobe Photoshop forum a few weeks back, who was suddenly have problems with his line art. His first ever post to the forum had this amazing drawing of a pirate with beautiful curves and straight lines, that he had apparently done free hand with an Intuos 4 and a one pixel round brush. At the end of the day, there's nothing going to get the job done more than raw talent, and this guy had it in droves. What I'd give to be able to do that!

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1285670

tumblr_mqyiv2ciEJ1qk3k2go1_1280.png

Back