What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jdwedwards

Can someone PLEASE show me step by step how to resize an image for youtube videos. I'm a music producer and basically what i'm trying to do is take a low quality image and upgrade it to high high quality AND resize it without losing quality. Then from their I was going to add music to it from windows movie maker then publish it for youtube for the sake of time and learning adobe after effects.

Thanks

Can someone PLEASE show me step by step how to resize an image for youtube videos.

Not sure I understand that...what do you mean by '...an image for youtube videos'...?

Do you mean a poster image?

Regards.
MrTom.

Mr Tom thanks for responding. Basically what i'm trying to do is create a youtube video of my music. All it's going to be is a image with music playing behind it. The problem is the image is small and when i enlarge it to put it o youtube it looks very bad. I'm trying to post a link but the forum says i need at least 5 post in order to post a link. But that's basically what i'm trying to do. Make a high quality video which is technically just a image I want with music behind it.

What size are you enlarging the image to? 1280 x 720?

Ah....right...gotcha! :thumbsup:

So what size, in pixels, is the final output size?
What size is the image at the moment?

BTW, there is nothing stopping you attaching images if it helps.....which it would. (Use the 'Insert Image' icon in the text editor.)

Regards.
MrTom.

OP: "...The problem is the image is small and when i enlarge it to put it o youtube it looks very bad...."

This is a fundamental problem. For example, if you have a 500 pixel X 500 pixel image, and you increase its linear dimensions by just a factor of two (ie, to 1000 x 1000 px), three quarters of the new pixels are made up out of thin air. Some algorithms are better than others at guessing what values these new pixels should be, but it's always just a (more or less informed) guess. Up-rez'ing falls precisely into the category of "their ain't no free lunch".

Of course, if you only need to change the number of pixels by 20 or 30%, the loss of quality is usually acceptable, but once you try to increase the number of pixels by more than a few times, it will rarely look good.

Sure, one can work like a dog to do the best job possible in up-rez'ing the original, but if there is any way possible for you to simply re-shoot the photo, this is, by far, THE way to approach this problem, not after the fact in Photoshop.

Tom M

Agreed Tom, MrT and I were awaiting a response to MrT's question of what size was the original image. But we seem to have lost the OP.

Back