What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS6 Printing with OS Sierra

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, you make a strong assumption that we're aware of this problem. It would help greatly if you could first fill us in on the matter.

Soulartist

Let me put it another way. Is anyone have a printing issue with PSCS6 and OS Sierra? I use an Epson 3800 Pro.

The problem mentioned on some forums is that after selecting ICC profile, etc., and other printing and paper matters, clicking on print would crash the program.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know if you have an older mac that you've upgraded to Sierra, or if you have a newer machine.

There are always concessions to be made when one chooses to remain committed to an older program that's no longer supported by Adobe. I myself went through this dilemma only recently. I remained a loyal user of CS6 as long as I could but the day finally came that I had to throw in the towel. The iMac I used for CS6 is still running 10.7.5 Lion. If it works, don't mess with it! I had no reasonable expectation that the older iMac would run Sierra smoothly with it's outdated hardware or that CS6 would run without hitches in Sierra on a newer machine. The problem was that I wanted a new computer.

If I was going to upgrade to a newer iMac running the latest and greatest OS, then it only made sense that I follow suite and upgrade to Photoshop CC 2017. You can spend your time constantly chasing solutions to compatibility issues or you can concede and step up to the best solution of just upgrading Photoshop........................just as you did with your Operating System.

Soulartist

I'm on a newer iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015). I do not like Adobe's marketing strategy of having to lease the program month to month, and even their cc program has glitches. I have Affinity Photo, and might have to learn how to use it, especially for printing.

Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do not like Adobe's marketing strategy of having to lease the program month to month, and even their cc program has glitches.
Exactly! That's why I held out as long as I did. But I finally realized I had no control and Adobe seemed to be doing fine without my participation in their CC program. I'm still a huge fan of Photoshop and I was painfully aware that my hold out was not affecting Adobe's bottom line and they simply had no intentions of doing away with the new marketing. I decided I was only hurting and neglecting myself so I moved past my resentment.

I have Affinity Photo, and might have to learn how to use it, especially for printing.
This sounds like a more reasonable solution to your problem.