What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Visit to AGRA, India

chitkaran

Guru
Hi Guys,

I recently came back from a short trip to Agra (India). The city is famous for one of the 7 wonders of the world "Taj Mahal" .. here are some pics I took.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

I have reduced the quality a bit to make them a little small in size so I can email them to friends without much hassle.

iDad

Guru
Awesome shots there chit

iDad

Guru
Ah what can we call you? chit just looks wrong lol

rufinatti

Power User
Those are some beautiful shots. The "little" castle next door looks every bit as impressive to me. It just blows my mind that buildings of that magnificence could have been constructed so many years ago.

chitkaran

Guru
Those are some beautiful shots. The "little" castle next door looks every bit as impressive to me. It just blows my mind that buildings of that magnificence could have been constructed so many years ago.

Thanks for the compliment rufinatti... The building is HUGE.. it gives you a Massive welcome when you enter the premises and one is Stunned to see the Epic construction of these...

* They say that it took 20,000 workers about 20 years to complete just the Taj Mahal (The white one)
* The architecture was done by bare hands using basic tools and the workers were brought from different parts of the works including Turkey, Pakistan, Russia etc.
* The emperor chopped-off the hands of all the workers so that they couldn't make anything like this in future.

But this place is a piece of love of the emperor upon his wife's tragic death.

chitkaran

Guru
Really nice, even the obligatory shot over the pool! But I like the archway shot and the sunglasses reflection.

Thanks Clare for the compliments ... I am glad you guys liked the shots... My Ps skills and Photography skills have sharpened after coming to this site... Lolz...

chitkaran

Guru
One thing that I found out most astonishing was that the White pillars are exactly 2-degrees tilted towards outside... The reason behind is that in case of a massive earthquake, Tsunami or anything .. the pillars would fall off outwards and not inwards and hence would not damage main building of Taj Mahal... Wow... What an idea !!!!

rufinatti

Power User
* The emperor chopped-off the hands of all the workers so that they couldn't make anything like this in future.

But this place is a piece of love of the emperor upon his wife's tragic death.

wow, that's pretty harsh; but as long as they all lost their hands for love, I guess it's alright. sheesh!

rufinatti

Power User
One thing that I found out most astonishing was that the White pillars are exactly 2-degrees tilted towards outside... The reason behind is that in case of a massive earthquake, Tsunami or anything .. the pillars would fall off outwards and not inwards and hence would not damage main building of Taj Mahal... Wow... What an idea !!!!

great bit of trivia.

images.jpeg

besmirched

Power User
Very nice pics Karan, postcard picture quality. If you don't mind me asking what sort of camera and lens did you use?