What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yes Chris, it helps working faster if you have the correct object you need. Let's hope they'll add a lot of objects.
I experienced that one does not have complete control over the rotation on all axis. You can rotate but not like a real 3D image. It goes in a limited amound of steps.
I did this one in like 20 min.

Alien Planet.jpg

But hey, you don't hear me complain.

Last edited:
Nice one Eggy!

I have also noticed these rotation steps.

Much worse is that you have no control of lighting as in a real 3D scene.
PixelSquid has tried to minimize this with very diffuse lighting in their images.
The pictures are OK for quick use and for fun. Definitely good enough for business presentations.

Therefore I will never attain my own personal look with PixelSquid I strive for and want to continue to cultivate.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Did you try to adjust the downloaded picture by downloading the whole PSD file?
You can certainly adjust the lighting/shadow and saturation of the picture.

Paul

Former Member
Nice image Chris not sure about the diamonds quality compared to the rest of the image though mate, and Eggy great job again.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
chrisdesign

This is how it looks in PSD format.

The first image shows the few possibilities.

Untitled-1.jpg

In the second one I disabled the 'shine', 'reflection', 'lighting' and 'shadows' reducing the image to basic.
I did not experiment yet with the 'advanced' options but in the selection section you can change the colors by parts or material.
I'm not going to discart PixelSquid before exploring every possible option and I just started. It could provide us more possibilities then we expect.

Untitled-2.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
chrisdesign

Just to illustrate one major advantage of using PixelSquid is casting a relative sharp shadow of a person or object.
Most of us (I now I do) make a copy of that person/object and drag the shadow layer beneath the person/object layer.
We make it black (or color as wished), bring it horizontal and start transforming/skewing/warping and blurring ect.. to make the shadow fit.
Depending on from where the lightsource comes and the position of the person/object, making a copy of it doesn't reflect reality.
The red arrow shows where the light is coming from.

shadows 01.jpg

Actually this is not the shadow that lightsource would project.

Rotating the person/object shadow-copy to the front of the lightsource gives a realistic casted shadow.

shadows 02.jpg

Just a thought.

Thanks Eggy...this explains a lot.
As you said, maybe there are more possibilities than we can imagine.:yourock:

Nice image Chris not sure about the diamonds quality compared to the rest of the image though mate, and Eggy great job again.

Thanks for the feedback Paul.
The diamond image is a PNG, parts of the top are missing. This is where the background shines through. Looks a bit strange, thanks for detecting it.