What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Make background white (but maintain shadows)

LasseD

Hi,

I have taken some photos of some gemstones, but the background came out very yellow-ish, and can't
seem to remove this.

The objective is to:
- make the background completely white but maintaining shadows of the stones (or either make shadows manually)

Thanks A LOT in advance :)

Attachments

• PB271774.JPG
    PB271774.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • PB271807.JPG
    PB271807.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • PB271809.JPG
    PB271809.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Something along these lines? Or more so?(BTW I am at work with a very poorly calibrated monitor).

Untitled-2.jpg

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Thanks alot, but the edges are not accurate (especially on the left red stone).

But thanks for your effort! Much appreciated.
//

Lasse

Hi John,

Thanks alot, but the edges are not accurate (especially on the left red stone).

But thanks for your effort! Much appreciated.
//

Lasse

No Problem - and you are absolutely right.

I was mainly checking to see if this was the sort of thing before carrying on - You had said "completely" white and I wanted to check.

Cheers

John

No Problem - and you are absolutely right.

I was mainly checking to see if this was the sort of thing before carrying on - You had said "completely" white and I wanted to check.

Cheers

John

Yes definitely :) !

Can you remove the vignette around the picture so the picture is completely white but with shadows from the stones?

I can try but if you want to mainatin the table texture real cant be completely white and it will not be easy.

I can try but if you want to mainatin the table texture real cant be completely white and it will not be easy.

Okay, would appreciate it! If not, just as white as you think is possible - would also do the trick.
The yellow ish is just awful hehe.

Back