What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another 3d reflection question

3vangelica

Hey there, Is it possible to have an invisible (from the scene) 3d object that is still reflected by other objects in the scene.

For example: The scene shows a house with windows. Standing in front of the house is a person. I want that person to be reflected in the window but, I don't want them to be visible within the scene (I don't want them obstructing the view of the house).

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Standing in front of the house is a person. I want that person to be reflected in the window but, I don't want them to be visible within the scene (I don't want them obstructing the view of the house).
Sure, just clone the person out of the scene. The difficulty will be determined by the position of the person relative to the reflection..........as in standing directly in front of the reflection. In which case it would be easier to just add the backside of a person on the window/reflective surface.

3vangelica

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Clone the person out of the scene? I know lots but sometimes, I don't even know the basics!
Also, being admin I suspect you know LLLOTS about photoshop... Do you have any idea about my other question here: 3d Reflection issue
Thanks ;)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
I've been told that this is a 3D matter...............so I'm not sure what your talking about.

Please post screenshots of what your referring to! Thanks.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Sam, this is what the OP is talking about...
In the next picture I used a flattened cube with the front side maximum reflective and a cylinder also reflective in blue but positionned outside the view. The cylinder is reflected in the cube and is not visible in the picture.
This is only possible with an angle because in PS 3D the camera controle (view) is limited and you can't place an object 'behind' the camera...

Untitled-2.jpg

As example (I'm not advertising Blender...) this is a more complex and almost impossible view to achieve in PS 3D.
You see the stem of the tree on the right side and not included in the picture, reflected in the window in a very natural way.

Garage Project.jpg