What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help please

Start from the beginning.

Open the original document.

Open the document that you wish to add the three originals to.

In the original doc, make sure all layers are active that you wish to use.

Select your Move Tool and drag the canvas of the original document to the new document by clicking on and holding and then dragging over to the new document and releasing the click.

All layers from the original should now be on the new document. Don't worry if the flyer image in the document is too large.....we will deal with that later.

Select all the layers and place them in a group.

Now we can address the size. Select the group and use free transform (Cmd/Cntrl + T) to fit the flyer into the document.

Duplicate the group twice and use the Move Tool to reposition.

When everything looks good, try to print.

Start from the beginning.

Open the original document.

Open the document that you wish to add the three originals to.

In the original doc, make sure all layers are active that you wish to use.

Select your Move Tool and drag the canvas of the original document to the new document by clicking on and holding and then dragging over to the new document and releasing the click.

All layers from the original should now be on the new document. Don't worry if the flyer image in the document is too large.....we will deal with that later.

Select all the layers and place them in a group.

Now we can address the size. Select the group and use free transform (Cmd/Cntrl + T) to fit the flyer into the document.

Duplicate the group twice and use the Move Tool to reposition.

When everything looks good, try to print.

when i make sure all layers are selected and drag the image over to the new canvas all of the layers have not followed along. some of the layers are missing even though they all have eyes on them

Quickly go back to what Eggy suggested earlier.

Select all the layers in the original document you want to transfer over, then hit Shift + Opt/Alt + Cmd/Cntrl + E. This should make a copy of all those layers to it's own layer.

Now turn off all the layers in the original document except the copied layer.

Now try to move that over to the new document using the Move Tool.

Now all you have to do is resize to fit and duplicate it 2 more times, reposition duplicates.

ok, thank you....and just a heads up, i need to be able to remove 2 of the layers so that i can print them with a different printer.

this is one of the most frustrating things ever in my life.....i hate PS...it's sooooo much

OK, instead of selecting all the layers, just select the uppermost layer and try it again.

by "select" you mean just make sure it highlighted correct? or do you want me to make sure only the upper most layer has the eye on and the rest off?

it's not making copies when i do that. the cntrl=shift=alt=E is not working for me

OK.

Can you please upload the original good copy 2 PSD file to the forum and let me take a look at it.

I give you my word that only I will look at them. Send it to me in a Private message.

looks like i found the issue!!!

there is a little button next to the eye...looks like a chain link...when i pressed on that it carries over those layers to the new document

OK.........that's a good thing.

I don't see this link in the image you provided though.
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 2.50.00 PM.png

when i click on the box and make the link appear next to the layers and then drag the image onto the canvas all of the layers appear....YAY~!!!!!

one more question.....how do i change the numbers? i have to put each individual clients phone and account number on their flyer...
when i click the type tool and try to change the numbers it dowsn't work

Back