What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best World Map

docs79

Hi,
I'm trying to make the best looking World Map, i found an HD map that's 21.000 pixels Width and 10.800 pixels Height

Original :
1.jpg

And i'm trying to Photoshop it in order to make it even better looking, i ended up with 2 versions so far :
Blue Version :
best blue 1080.jpg

And Green-ish version :

green-ish 1080.jpg

How would you make it better ?

Hello and welcome to PSG.

How would you make it better ?
We all have our own ideas about how to make things look better. What are some of your own ideas about how to make it look better?

Hi Sam!
The best thing would be to see how others can improve the map based on their own artistic direction.
One variant could be with colors similar to the map below, and i especially like the different shaded contours of the ocean levels :
MAP1.jpg

The best thing would be to see how others can improve the map based on their own artistic direction.
This is the General Photoshop Forum and I was under the impression that you were asking a question on how to do this for yourself. Generally we would then offer suggestions, tips, and step by step procedures.

Now it seems as though you are asking us for a free request for us to do the work for you and you can pick and choose the one that you like most, which is perfectly fine.

So, if your not interested in help and have no intention of doing this for yourself, let me know and I will edit and move the thread.

Thanks.

No Sam, i am also very interested in doing this myself and hearing tips and step by step procedures, but of course first it would be nice to see samples in order to decide if it's a better version or not.
The original file will be so big that it wont be able to be shared on this forum, only by mail with wetransfer.com or other service, cause it will be +300 MB since it's a huge map 21.000 / 10800 pixels.

For example now i'm trying to turn the original map into something similar to this :
Pirate-Latitudes-Map-Final.jpg

Back