What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure where to post this, new photoshop user

superdav

I dont want someone to do it for me I want to learn how to do it myself as I have a bunch I want to restoreimage.png
I found a baby's hand on a google search and pasted on it but I cannot figure out how to get it to blend so it doesn't look fake. Here's what I have
image.png

Help!?

image.png

Argos

Guru
There is a problem of light, shadows, and quality, my advice if you want a good job, spend more time researching a good match for that hand than trying to blend any hand.

If you want to try to blend that hand, start adding shadows on the lower part of the hand lower a bit the brightness except for a small zone on top of the fingers and add the texture the rest of picture has.

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey.

Just a quick observation. You might think about leveling your image and cleaning up the border before you start the restoration. Not always necessary but always seems to make it look much better. You can still edit the border to make it look papery and aged.
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.39.09 PM.png

Help finding one?
As for me personally, I would paint in the missing fingers and hand. You may never find a "replacement" much less match it perfectly. You can always take a photo of a kids hand in the right position yourself.

superdav

Hey.

Just a quick observation. You might think about leveling your image and cleaning up the border before you start the restoration. Not always necessary but always seems to make it look much better. You can still edit the border to make it look papery and aged.
View attachment 96406

As for me personally, I would paint in the missing fingers and hand. You may never find a "replacement" much less match it perfectly. You can always take a photo of a kids hand in the right position yourself.
I do want to age the edges, what would be the best way to paint the hand so it blends in like all the other areas?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
what would be the best way to paint the hand so it blends in like all the other areas?
With the Brush Tool. Stipple or skin brush. Low settings and adjust the brush size and hardness accordingly. Work on a new layer.

This technique requires that you have some underlying painting skills.......................if not, this may not work well for you. All your basically doing is accentuating the hand that's already there in the original photo. It's faint, but you can see it.