What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Need help fixing color banding in this pic

ranasrule23

Greetings,
I think just from looking at the picture you can see that there is are two vertical bands in which the colors are lighter than they should be. I was hoping that could be fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20190519_191146~2.jpg

Gary... excellent job. How did you do it? I spent 10 minutes on this experimenting with different approaches but I couldn't do it.

Gary... excellent job. How did you do it? I spent 10 minutes on this experimenting with different approaches but I couldn't do it.

I firstly made a refined selection of the lightning and copied it to a separate layer above. Then, on the layer below, used a BG coloured gradient to somewhat match the original. In places where the banding was still visible or the coloring didn't match, I used a cloud brush in the colour of that area and blurred that layer to suit. After reactivating the lightning layer, I placed a copy of it over-top in soft-light mode which softened the edges.

HTH

Cheers.

Back