What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Historic Mansion (Car and Yellow Parking Line Removal)

Mk575

Hey! I was just wondering if anyone could photoshop out the cars and yellow parking lines while keeping the colors, base of the mansion, water reflection, and parking lot as realistic as possible. Also, taking out some of the gunk in the puddle and overall retouching would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

(I recognize this is a pretty extensive photoshop request, but a great challenge for those who have more experience the I do haha) Thanks again!!

AA679BFE-C74E-4E8B-8D9B-F2C5A079C72E.jpeg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There is too much missing information to complete this edit. I will leave it open just in case someone wants to give it a try.

What mansion is this? We need other photos to borrow from.

Mk575

Sorry about that! I should have mentioned this is Harley Clarke Mansion, on Lighthouse Beach in Evanston, IL (Chicago suburb). It’s a beautiful place and I would be so grateful if someone could get rid of the cars and yellow parking lines in this photo. I understand it’s challenging because of how much of the mansion the cars block out but anything goes! Plenty of images of Harley Clarke Mansion on Google Images: https://www.google.com/search?q=Har...49PjAhXZHc0KHcRRApMQ_AUIFCgE&biw=1440&bih=732

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I understand it’s challenging because of how much of the mansion the cars block out but anything goes! Plenty of images of Harley Clarke Mansion on Google Images
Not necessarily true. Just because there a re plenty of photos of the mansion does not mean they can be used to perform this edit. I looked through hundreds of photos and none were even close to being the same angle, perspective, and position from which your photo example was photographed.

Hopefully some one will try something that will be acceptable. :thumbsup:

Mk575

Not necessarily true. Just because there a re plenty of photos of the mansion does not mean they can be used to perform this edit. I looked through hundreds of photos and none were even close to being the same angle, perspective, and position from which your photo example was photographed.

Hopefully some one will try something that will be acceptable. :thumbsup:

Agreed. This would be a challenging edit no doubt (which is why I'm on this site haha).

Babine

Guru
@Babine - an incredible feat of image engineering. Job very well done!
- Jeff

Thanks JeffK. Much appreciated.

I removed the cars with a lot of cloning as well as pasting portions of the bare road surface over-top, keeping the texture of each in mind. As for the hedge, I fit in some additional foliage from other photos but mostly, it was cloned to shape trying to keep any obvious repetition to a minimum. The parking lines were covered in a similar fashion as well as using a brush on a layer in colour mode.

Cheers.