What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove glare from face and bags under eyes

mrbomb

Hi all,

I have some requests for this picture, to remove:
- the glare from the face
- the bags under the eyes
- any other improvements to the face

With respect to the privacy of the other person, I only uploaded part of the image.
The result will be rejoined with the original picture, so preferably do not change the brightness of the image.

Thanks in advance!

2019g1.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Hi - did what you asked to remove the glare from the top of head and reduce the shadows under the eyes. Image needs a lot more than that but since you're stitching into an existing photo, I didn't make any other changes to compensate for color or lens distortion.
Hope this works for you.
- Jeff
dinner guy rev.jpg

Argos

Guru
Just a little advice jeffK, don't remove completely shadows like the one under the eyes, just make it softer, removing it completely change the volume and structure of the face.

Cheers!

mrbomb

Thanks a lot JeffK!

Just a little advice jeffK, don't remove completely shadows like the one under the eyes, just make it softer, removing it completely change the volume and structure of the face.
I agree on that point. Therefore, I merged in the part under the eyes with an opacity of 70%.

JeffK

Guru
@Argos - this image was bothering me all night. So decided to go back in and bring back some of the shadow under the eyes - 2nd edit is below.
I did get aggressive in the first attempt - when I saw the words "remove the bags", I took the OP's request quite literally. Back in my days of print sales/production, I always had to interpret what the client wanted to what they actually needed and what would actually work. Thomas Wolfe got it nearly right - sometimes you have to go home again in order to strike out on the newest adventure. Thanks again for the insights!
- Jeff
dinner guy rev 2.jpg

Argos

Guru
Nice! looks a lot better! It's a complicated job because you don't know what exactly the client wants unless is extremely specific, but as a rule, I always go for natural and what I think looks better ^^.

Cheers!