What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this Cyberpower GXiVR8560A work well for CS5?

oldserverguy

Have a chance to buy used this system from a neighbor: CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme VR GXiVR8560A Gaming PC (Intel i7-9700F 3.0GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD). Other than the tiny SSD and that it doesn't include a DVD drive it seems to check all the boxes. I'm not opposed to spending for a bigger SSD but then I've just invested more in the system. What's a good price or should I continue my search?

That system would be fine for Photoshop work. You can easily upgrade the SSD, really anyone can do it.

The downside to CyberpowerPC prebuilt machines is that they skimp on hardware that isn't in the "specs" sheet like the power supply, motherboard, CPU cooler, and case. That one looks to have a flashy case that is built for looks, but not very good airflow for cooling. With the stock intel CPU cooler that they ship with, thermals may be problematic. You could fix these issues replacing the CPU cooler or even moving the system into a new case with better airflow, but then you may just consider building your own depending on the price.

Without knowing how much the seller is asking, it's hard to make recommendations.

it doesn't include a DVD drive
FYI most new PC's don't include optical drives, and even most new PC cases don't have bays for them, almost everything has moved to downloads and USB drives.

Best solution is to get an external USB optical drive to suit your needs, or if you need to use one frequently then build your own PC in a case that still supports them like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or similar.

Thanks for the info. After a "difficult" situation with a refurbished Dell trying to find something I can setup here and ship 1,700 miles. I'm not too worried about changing the SSD but I need this to work for years. Her old Win 7 Dell XPS and U3011 monitor have required minimal intervention over the last ~8 years. Want the same thing again.

For the optical I have an extra USB version I can ship.

trying to find something I can setup here and ship 1,700 miles
Be careful when you do this. Shipping a PC without damage can be tough. You will probably want to pull the GPU out before shipping, and it will help a lot if you have the original box for the system or the case if it's custom built.

Back