What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to PDF automate?

imagemaker

Trying to get a pdf into PS to edit it as a set of pages that come together and this feature has disappeared. Using 5.5.

thebestcpu

Guru
Ah yes, to know the mind of Adobe :) Its hard enough to know the features in an Adobe Product released almost a decade ago let along what the Adobe engineers and strategists were thinking that long ago. I suspect it had something to do with focus for the product line. Photoshop is targeted not for multipage editing and Adobe has products that do that job much better. It is never fun though when there is a "take-away"

thebestcpu

Guru
But this is an old version and the option was there last year.
I must have misunderstood them. So you are saying that using the exact same version of Photoshop, the feature disappeared? I looked up that issue and there was a changed from CS4 to CS5. If it existed in CS5, then it was probably an optional plugin so maybe that plugin somehow got corrupted or removed through some process. So if you are sure it was in CS5, then it seems it is a matter of tracking down the plugin to get it reinstalled.

Here is the link from 10 years ago that talks about the issue of PDF Automate going away: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/where-is-automate-pdf-presentation-gone-in-cs5/td-p/2616572

I no longer have my version of CS5.5 so don't think I can help. Maybe another forum member can jump in if they know a better suggestion.
John Wheeler

ADDED EDIT: Here is the link to optional plugins for CS5. Not sure it helps yet thought it was worth sharing: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-cs5.html

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
you can specify 1 colomn 1 row and 1 photo / page
and then it creates 1 pdf with ..pages

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I want a multipage pdf I can edit in PS.
Our members have offered the best possible solutions to your problem. You keep asking why it disappeared or was removed. For this, you would need to contact Adobe and ask them.

@thebestcpu and @colleague have shown you how to open, edit, and save a multipage PDF in Ps 5.5. Whether or not you're trying to create a new editable multipage PDF or trying to edit an existing one, your inquiry has been answered. If we are not understanding you, PLEASE take the time to offer more than a single sentence and provide exact details of what it is you want.

Please don't ask us (again) why a feature is no longer there...............that we do not know. If the feature is missing from the current version you are using and it was present in the last version you were using.....................go back to the previous version..............or, accept that it's no longer there and you will have to adopt a new way of accomplishing the task.

imagemaker

I think there's a misunderstanding. I have a multi-page document that is already a PDF that I have scanned and put into PS. I want to clean it up and then export it as a new pdf. That is different from what you have been explaining with Bridge and the link.