What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradient tool trouble

PCS2020

Hi All

I have used Photoshop CS3 for a number of years, mainly to grade and blend 2 x landscape photos taken at two different exposures (holiday snaps), in order to mimic a ND Grad Filter.

I would typically paste the darker exposure over the lighter exposure. Add a layer mask and grade as indicated between the red lines , leaving the foreground light (over exposed) and the BG dark (under exposed)

z1.jpg

Suddenly, yesterday, I arrive home with some shots and the gradient tool now leaves a grey (50% ? I think) band after the point where I stop, instead of white ?? : And it does it on a definite line..

z2.jpg

This is typically what happens : Again, the gradient tool applied between those red lines. That top part must be white !!??

z3.jpg

Is there perhaps anyone that can help ? I have not changed anything !

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Pierre

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is your layer mask white or black before you add the gradient? (should be white)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And you have made no changes to the Gradient Editor?

Have you tried re-setting the tool?

Right click on the Gradient Tool Icon in the upper left hand corner.
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.32.16 PM.png

PCS2020

Hi, no I have not changed anything.

Could you be so kind as to point me in the direction of resetting the tool ?

Thanks !

PCS2020

As simple as that !! Thank you so much ! That did the trick !! :thumbsup: :)
I appreciate your time !

Regards
Pierre
z4.jpg