What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clone tool behaves as a brush

Vicky001

Usually, I use the clone tool to cover up some ugly spots or small areas. I clicked yesterday on many options of this tool, just for curiosity. And now it does not clone anymore. It behaves as a brush. How to correct this mistake I have made, please?
Thank you.
Vicky

thebestcpu

Guru
I get in that situation as well.
If trying to undo all of the settings is not working you can reset the tool per the dropdown, and the gear icon and use the reset tool pointed out in red
If that does not work you can use the Reset Tools right below that.
If all else fails you can reset PS Preferences (if you need help with that step just ask)
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Clearing-Clone-Stamp-tool.jpg

Vicky001

I get in that situation as well.
If trying to undo all of the settings is not working you can reset the tool per the dropdown, and the gear icon and use the reset tool pointed out in red
If that does not work you can use the Reset Tools right below that.
If all else fails you can reset PS Preferences (if you need help with that step just ask)
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

View attachment 116116
Thank you VERY MUCH. Read your reply yesterday and clicked on Reset Tool. Everything returned to normal.
Really appreciate your kind assistance.
Vicky