What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a few I'm proud of (there be cats in here)

moots404

Just a little gallery of works I've done over the past 2-3 years that I wanted to share. I welcome all constructive criticism and tips. I tend to do nearly everything the hard way. (I recently only started using custom brushes, for example, and used to draw every strand of hair manually (the last one vs the 2 cats, for example) Oh and I tend end up having almost everything on a single layer because I forget to create new ones. But I still try to enjoy it :silly:

White Cat5.png

Shrike3.png

b9ee3ae309a0b43d426ce2a135b6a1ba6f01222e.jpg

feather.png

Loganmyboi.png

image0.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
They are all lovely!

In the first pic of the strutting cat, the details on eyes is missing in contrast to the detail in fur. Paw pads are missing too. I hope this is still WIP - should you choose to complete it, please share afterwards.

The Fourth picture of the feather is fantastic work. Brush properties can be altered to get those strokes - but nothing beats a motivated person doing those strokes manually. Hopefully you used a Pen and tablet rather than mouse.
The shading on fifth pic of the boy's face and shirt are nicely done.

moots404

They are all lovely!

In the first pic of the strutting cat, the details on eyes is missing in contrast to the detail in fur. Paw pads are missing too. I hope this is still WIP - should you choose to complete it, please share afterwards.

The Fourth picture of the feather is fantastic work. Brush properties can be altered to get those strokes - but nothing beats a motivated person doing those strokes manually. Hopefully you used a Pen and tablet rather than mouse.
The shading on fifth pic of the boy's face and shirt are nicely done.
The cat in the first pic is albino, which is why his eyes are that way. Albino cats have very pale blue eyes! You're right about the paw pad(s) though, I may fix that later :)
The feather was actually my very first drawing on a drawing tablet (and it was a cheap one, $20 or so off amazon btw)
thank you for the feedback!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice work!

As a digital artist myself, I really enjoy it when other artists take an interest in the medium. I'm also a strong lover of painting cats!!! They're my favorite subject to paint! Our styles of painting are much different but I highly appreciate the multitude and variety of methods used in all art forms.

I really don't have a critique as much as it would be my own personal preference, but you should try and learn to not outline the features of the faces. Like the black outlining of the cats facial features, the boys and the girls eyes and face. But if this is what appeals to you, there's nothing really wrong with it, so don't listen to me! LOL!

I really like the boys hair. Nicely done. Although I'm not certain if you were painting in additional hair or trying to make shadowing.

With the exception of the outlining, the painting of the boys face is great!!

I'm not sure what the third painting from the top is, but it's fantastic!

inkpad.t

Guru
I admire ANYONE who takes the time to paint as am rubbish at it, I really like them and would say Well Done , I try every now and then to do painting in photoshop, but they always turn out like some kind of washed out watercolor that someone has peed over , or oil painting that more like a , well i will leave it here, but again well done and look forward ton seeing more

inkpad.t

Guru
The third one looks like is it abstract painting ?, its everyones take on when looking at the image, but to my own perspective look at it, it resembles possibly good and evil, a wing angel overseeing the flames from below, but like it anyway .