What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop not acting right!

Laura1433

HI!

Something really weird happened when I was just finishing up a project. Please see image. I tried to start over and the "images" carried over to a new canvas??? I closed and re-started the program it's still there and getting weirder every time I re-open. You can see all the layers now have "stuff" all over them. When I delete the back ground nothing changes.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.28.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.32.29 PM.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @Laura1433
Very difficult to tell what is going on.
I would start with power cycling you computer and resetting Photoshop Preferences per this link: Reset Photoshop Preferences
when you start Photoshop.
If the problem continues, its likely not a Photoshop issue.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG. Sorry you're having issues. Just follow Johns advice and let's see where it takes us.

I tried to start over and the "images" carried over to a new canvas???
Did you save the file (scandi bedroom), close it, and then re-open it?

I closed and re-started the program it's still there and getting weirder every time I re-open.
This sounds like the file is possibly corrupt. It could be Ps though I doubt it, let's see what happens after you reset your prefs.

When I delete the back ground nothing changes.
The layer in the second example (untitled-1) is a "background" layer which is partially locked and can not be deleted until it's converted to a regular layer.

Laura1433

I did re-set photoshop preferences and it helped in that I was able to open a fresh new canvas without any weird images on it. But the original file is still doing the weird thing. Even if I can't fix it anyone have any idea why or how it happened? I'd like to avoid doing anything to make it happen again! I was juuust finishing up this project when it happened.

thebestcpu

Guru
It is hard to say @Laura1433
If you share the full PSD file on a file sharing site and provide the link to the file, that would allow forum members to examine the file.
It is unusual behavior so it would only be guessing without the offending file.
It would also help to know the exact version of Photoshop that you are using as well as the exact version of OS that you are using.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But the original file is still doing the weird thing.
This may not be the file. We would need to take a look at it to be sure.

Even if I can't fix it anyone have any idea why or how it happened?
We might not ever know this without examining the file.

If you share the full PSD file on a file sharing site and provide the link to the file, that would allow forum members to examine the file.
It is unusual behavior so it would only be guessing without the offending file.
I agree.

It would also help to know the exact version of Photoshop that you are using as well as the exact version of OS that you are using.
edit: Sorry.....................I thought it ws PS and not OS.........apologies.