What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Any improvement

efiste2

Terrible quality picture (taken from the web) I know, but can anyone make any sort of improvements on this. Im hoping to get the "driver" to autograph it, then frame it. Obviousley its such a small file and poor quality, so not expecting miracles.

25644270190_a8039a149d_o.jpg

JeffK

Guru
OK - played around with this...it is a lo-res image and very blurry.
First upped the size of the image with Gigapixel, then sharpened the car and added even more motion blur to the landscape to increase sense of movement.
Moved the car farther over to the right so it looks as if it's just entering the frame, rotated it a bit, and enlarged it. Added some exhaust smoke.
Let me know if this works or if you need a change...

flying car edited.jpg

ex_teacher

Guru
Here's an entirely different approach which might not be acceptable as I pretty much fabricated the car.

The background is deliberately left blurry, even blurrier a bit, to look as though the photographer was panning to keep the car in focus. And a subtle but more specific motion blur background also.

DoH_01_9.jpg

DoH_01_10.jpg

Last edited:

ex_teacher

Guru
I never can leave well-enough alone. I broke the car apart again and changed the view point. Note the angle of the top line of the side and rear. It's much more pronounced now. This is more like it should be looking up at the car.

DoH_01_11.jpg

efiste2

Amazing results folks, THANKS for your expertise, can I be cheecky JeffK and ask that the car be returned to its original size and angle, and the exaust addition to be deleted. Sorry to nitpick, its just that the original size of the car demonstrates the actual height of the car from the ground. Many thanks

JeffK

Guru
Amazing results folks, THANKS for your expertise, can I be cheecky JeffK and ask that the car be returned to its original size and angle, and the exaust addition to be deleted. Sorry to nitpick, its just that the original size of the car demonstrates the actual height of the car from the ground. Many thanks
Not a problem at all! :) Car returned to its original position/size and added exhaust has been deleted. Other changes remain including upsizing and sharpening car with a bit of motion blur added to landscape.
flying car edited REV.jpg