What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info panel in CC 23.1.0

Babine

Guru
Prior to the update, I could bring up the info panel, set a colour selection point and see the RGB values then select a curves adjustment and make and make whatever R, G, or B value changes. Previously, the panel showed both the before and after values. I cannot see where I can bring these settings back in with either the info panel settings or workspace in preferences. Am I missing something here?
Thanks.

Babine

Guru
Babine - how did you previously bring this panel up?

Window/Info Panel or F8 using Windows 11. In the panel options drop down, I had it set at RGB for the 1st colour, CMYK as the 2nd .. BUT I also had 'Always show Composite Colours' checked. Once I unchecked it, problem solved. It now shows the original value as well as the changes made to that colour point when using curves, etc. This is my preference, especially when trying to match different colours and/or luminosities.
Thanks.

JeffK

Guru
If I'm understanding what you're saying, if I bring up the info panel and use the eyedropper tool with the SHIFT key held down, this places a marker where the values will remain constant

1640624841019.png

Now if I apply a curves adjustment layer, a second column will appear showing how the values change. As I change the curves, these numbers remain fluid and moving:

1640625156872.png

So the 1st column shows the color prior to the change while the 2nd column shows the changes. Is this what you're looking for?
This is with the "Always Show Composite Colors" unchecked...

Babine

Guru
If I'm understanding what you're saying, if I bring up the info panel and use the eyedropper tool with the SHIFT key held down, this places a marker where the values will remain constant

View attachment 126688

Now if I apply a curves adjustment layer, a second column will appear showing how the values change. As I change the curves, these numbers remain fluid and moving:

View attachment 126690

So the 1st column shows the color prior to the change while the 2nd column shows the changes. Is this what you're looking for?
This is with the "Always Show Composite Colors" unchecked...

Exactly what I was looking for. I was not aware of using the Shift key with the dropper.
Thank yu. Appreciated.