What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific New member needs edit

She wants the shadow removed from the face (the word shadow is a typo... it's written as "show" in the original request).

Here's my quick attempt. This image looks like it has already been photoshopped. There are some very funky edges, such as this one:

1640900029784.png

Remove Shadow.jpg

@Rich54 - excellent work. I had started working on it with the assumption the OP meant shadow. But whatever I attempted ended up washing out the image.
Can you please provide some insight into your process?

@Rich54 - excellent work. I had started working on it with the assumption the OP meant shadow. But whatever I attempted ended up washing out the image.
Can you please provide some insight into your process?

Thanks.

I used the Color Sampler tool to place markers on two adjacent areas of skin that need to be the same color. I opened a Curves adjustment, selected marker #2, and individually adjusted the RGB channels to make its color equal to marker #1 (195, 171, 174). Then I filled the entire curves mask with black and painted it back in (with white) on just the shadow areas. That same curves adjustment also worked fairly well on her hair. Afterward, I toned-down a few hotspots on her forehead and elsewhere that seemed too bright.

1640901526215.png

Back