What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Baby in a whicker chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babine

Guru
View attachment 131472
Hello
Think this is a better idea, the hedge as a background looks natural

you managed to bring out a lot of chair detail. Could you remove the two lines shown by the arrows and improve the detail bottom right and left of the chair as shown, also make the the top of the hedge,,
more like the rest, with better detail and definition thanks

Like this?
Linda-Wicker-chair-for-restoration.jpg

Babine

Guru
For whatever reason, my initial reply this morning doesn't show. Here's another try.

Like this?

RedDwarf4Ever

Hello, yes this looks good, there’s quite a bit of detail now. Only a couple of points, is the hedge different at the top for a reason ? Also I notice there are lots of speckles / dust on the image, but I fear removing them will loss sharpness and detail, I tried in a similar photo, then left it as is, is there any other software that’s good at doing this ? Out of curiosity. Wonder what the best method is to do this work, I had thought, removing the subject into another layer, creating the back ground and then placing the subject back, or lasting the background over the image, using a layer mask and brush over the original subject, am I getting warm ? I find the various methods fascinating.

looking at the original photo closer, is that a grass area before the hedge or what ever it is……most likely to late or difficult now, does it look like this to you ?44729A62-02BC-495C-9A72-3D3FB30CA2E7.jpeg

Babine

Guru
[/QUOTE]
Hello, yes this looks good, there’s quite a bit of detail now. Only a couple of points, is the hedge different at the top for a reason ? Also I notice there are lots of speckles / dust on the image, but I fear removing them will loss sharpness and detail, I tried in a similar photo, then left it as is, is there any other software that’s good at doing this ? Out of curiosity. Wonder what the best method is to do this work, I had thought, removing the subject into another layer, creating the back ground and then placing the subject back, or lasting the background over the image, using a layer mask and brush over the original subject, am I getting warm ? I find the various methods fascinating.
looking at the original photo closer, is that a grass area before the hedge or what ever it is……most likely to late or difficult now, does it look like this to you ?

I simply copied a hedge and pasted it in to this project. Honestly, I did not pay attention to the pattern thinking that it was naturally that way? The noise/speckles were left in as they added to the original 'aged' photo. I have removed them from the subject using Topaz Denoise and a mask on a duplicate. I like your plan of copying the subject to a new layer and then experimenting with backgrounds. IMO, much easier than trying to duplicate a BG that is not visible.
I am not certain as to what growth is in the foreground - I guessed.

RedDwarf4Ever

Hello, I’m now not sure if there is a flat area behind the chair, before the ’hedge’ begins, maybe it is directly behind the chair 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️what do you think ?

if you are able to remove noise without losing detail, that would be fantastic

you say you just pasted the hedges, how do you paste around the chair .? With a mask ?

thanks

Last edited:

Babine

Guru
Hello, I’m now not sure if there is a flat area behind the chair, before the ’hedge’ begins, maybe it is directly behind the chair 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️what do you think ?

if you are able to remove noise without losing detail, that would be fantastic

you say you just pasted the hedges, how do you paste around the chair .? With a mask ?

thanks

Added contrast to the area 'behind the chair' then reduced the noise of the subject further using a mask and NIK Glow filter. The hedge was copied from the Web, placed overtop using the saved mask of the subject.
Linda-Wicker-chair-for-restoration-3.jpg

RedDwarf4Ever

Added contrast to the area 'behind the chair' then reduced the noise of the subject further using a mask and NIK Glow filter. The hedge was copied from the Web, placed overtop using the saved mask of the subject.
View attachment 131483
Hello this is very good, I’m happy to accept this, can you PM me to discuss payment please, would need a lossless image, tiff etc

Babine

Guru
Hello this is very good, I’m happy to accept this, can you PM me to discuss payment please, would need a lossless image, tiff etc
Hi. Glad that yu like it and thanks. I have it in TIFF format, 3"x5" and 3.75 mgs in size. I prefer PayPal @ ggb18@shaw.ca
Upon receipt, I will forward you the site where you can download the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.