What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road to Dance City

Pawelos21

Hi!
This is my (first) work in Photoshop and also my first thread here.
Glad to hear some feedback from you, but like I said, this is my first project...
Here is final project:
Road to Dance City.png

Images that I used:
Source images Road to Dance City.png

Also it would be great if you check out my Facebook fan page. I post some latest work out there http://www.facebook.com/PawelosBlog?ref=hl
PEACE! :D

I like the concept and for the most part, what you have done with the hues of each piece. They work pretty well together, especially in that respect, color balance, levels, and so forth. I do have critique and do not take it as negative criticism. We all learn by correcting mistakes or considering criticism. And you don't have to agree with it anyway. Well, some you should, lol! My points;
  • Too symmetical. The road should come over onto the left and angle off on the right. Transform distort and/or warp most likely.
  • The sharpness vs blur is confusing to me. The FG seems too blurry but maybe that is the resolution and the relative size of the original, the road being small. Seems to me the clouds should be a bit sharper where they come forward. A few other FG vs. BG issues with sharpening.
  • The trees have become too dark and just look like dark, warped shadows especially on the pyramid.
  • The lamp bases are too blurry; they get lost.
  • The sign should be a focal point. I can't read it; it's too far back; and it's too small. It's nicely done though. It won't hurt the picture if it obscures the pyramids any and it will help the composition and look more real.
OK, well that's all I can think of for now. Just kidding. For your first attempt at this kind of thing, you have done exceptionally well and it shows you have good artistic sensibilities. So please keep up the good work and keep those posts coming. I for one (and I know I'm not alone) want to see more of your work as you progress.

:thumbsup:

I like the idea also...

I also feel it has too many elements. Just use a few stocks and work more on the blending of your compositions. ibclare has given some awesome feedback and has given you the ingredients to make a better piece next time.

Here's a few points of my own.

Your light source is the sun, The directions of the shadows on the wooden post on the left and lamp posts on the right are going the wrong way.

The wood post shouldn't have been cut to look like its facing on an angle.

And the dark green shrubbery is very distracting on both sides, brighten them up or lose them completely.

Great effort though.

I meant to include a way that you can control things like the dark trees when you have to darken the rest of the image. Of course you can do selections and apply a layer adjustment just to that area, but when you have something soft like leaves, you can use the adjustment mask.

I make 98% of my adjustments using layer adjustments. One, they can be readjusted at any time. Two, they give you a mask and you can use this to modify the effect of the adjustment on the image below. Usually you will want to clip this to the layer below. Then use a medium hard to soft brush in black on the mask to remove the effect.

I would say make the city and the pyramids the same light and also a nice touch would be to have the text engraved in the wooden sign there is loads of tutorials around for that :)

Excellent! I'm so happy now, you just made my day :) Great feedback ibclare and great tips Inkz! raz, thank you too for your feedback :)
Now, I will work hard and make something better next time.

PS:
Your light source is the sun, The directions of the shadows on the wooden post on the left and lamp posts on the right are going the wrong way.
Thank you for that, I didn't know how we put shadows so I only guessed where they should be, but can you tell me which way should they go? or explain that to me?

Back