What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plz!! tell me whats the name effect is used in this photo???

mnahas57

Please anybody say!! tell me whats the name effect is used in this photo???

Attachments

• 538727_434385156600037_1634235731_n.jpg
    538727_434385156600037_1634235731_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 10
This was not a "one button" fix. Lots of PP techniques were used, and I'm not sure which one caught your eye. For example, I see some burning and dodging, skin smoothing, colorization, painting-like efx, etc.

If, by some chance, the curly hair is your major interest, it could have been drawn in or enhanced using the pen tool, or the artist could have used a plugin such as:

http://www.redfieldplugins.com/filterFractalius.htm

or

Topaz Clean
http://www.topazlabs.com/clean/#1
http://www.topazlabs.com/_img/examples/clean/blonde.jpg

which will also accomplish many of the efx listed above.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited:
straight away i can see that one thing they did is use the "lighting Effect" filter with the "Texture Channel" option enabled.
i can see that from the pattern on his left arm sleeve.
but that is 1 of many things done to the image like Tom Mann said but its imposible to know unless you are the person that created the image

OMG I just poster a thread of an image with the same effect! Good news is my image is baasketball SO it may actually just be one effect applied to the image!

@tinrach - Maybe I missed something, but, as you suggested, I went through a huge number of the effects in "cartoonize.net", and couldn't find one that did what the OP requested. They weren't even close. Can you pls. give us a before - after example and name the specific effect(s) in cartoonize.net that you feel achieves this effect.

Thanks,

Tom

Its TOPAZ and Fractalius.
Yes, there is fairly general consensus that one or more of the Topaz plugins were likely used.

However, with respect to Fractalius, this was mentioned in post #3, very early in this thread. It might be Fractalius, but Topaz Clean also can be adjusted to give a similar curly look, or one can even do it manually.

Tom

Ps cs6 standard filter oil painting will achieve similar if you know pretty much how to do the topaz style manually, mainly low contrast and sharpen sharpen a but more smudge tool topped with high pass.

You know, rather than continue endless hypothesizing, the most definitive way to answer how-was-it-done type of questions is almost always to actually demonstrate that the method you propose can indeed emulate the major characteristics of the image in question. Anything less than such a demo is, IMHO, little more than hot air.

In this case, I used nothing more than Topaz Clean + some native PS tools such as the blend-IF sliders. Once I got decent settings in "Clean", I put it's output on it's own layer and set the blending mode to soft light. A final touch with a "Levels" adjustment layer, and I produced the image attached below. Total time invested (other than writing this message) < 5 minutes.

If I really wanted to get an exact match, I would soften it a bit further, smudge the skin around a bit, cool down the dark tones, etc.

One can almost always get a similar look by other methods, and I would love to see them demonstrated, discuss them, etc.

T

Attachments

• ajit_soolam_exclusive_photos_003-tjm01-acr-ps01a-02b_698px_hi.jpg
    ajit_soolam_exclusive_photos_003-tjm01-acr-ps01a-02b_698px_hi.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 43
I am rendering a video Tutorial now on the basic starting points to the general effect using nothing but native ps tools with a quick demo of the oil painting filter only in cs6 as a standard but can be downloaded as an adobe exchange add on to earlier versions of ps I believe. And then I am making a sticky thread on it so that people can just link there.

Of course I am sure there are better tutorials out there and if anyone can find a good video tut using topaz I will add that to it as I said it is just to get people started in the general direction the finishing methods are so varied and so much to personal taste I have left that out

You know, rather than continue endless hypothesizing, the most definitive way to answer how-was-it-done type of questions is almost always to actually demonstrate that the method you propose can indeed emulate the major characteristics of the image in question. Anything less than such a demo is, IMHO, little more than hot air.

In this case, I used nothing more than Topaz Clean + some native PS tools such as the blend-IF sliders. Once I got decent settings in "Clean", I put it's output on it's own layer and set the blending mode to soft light. A final touch with a "Levels" adjustment layer, and I produced the image attached below. Total time invested (other than writing this message) < 5 minutes.

If I really wanted to get an exact match, I would soften it a bit further, smudge the skin around a bit, cool down the dark tones, etc.

One can almost always get a similar look by other methods, and I would love to see them demonstrated, discuss them, etc.

T
I used Topaz Clean.....and a levels tweak, as Tom did....cloned in less than 5....I did the levels as to get the way too blacks....I followed the 3 buttons on the sleeve until the shadows matched

curly.jpg

Last edited:

Back