Rules for Freelancers in This Section
The forum's FREELANCE (Fee for design) DESIGN Section exists to give member's an opportunity to earn a bit of income through the use of Photoshop for design creations and at the same time, enable its members to expand their design portfolio while helping real world clients with actual design projects.
PhotoshopGurus.com is in no way responsible for any transactions that take place in or outside this Forum.
You assume all responsibility for your transactions. Therefore we request that you read, understand and strictly adhere to our rules and regulations in order for you and prospective customers to enjoy a stress-free and productive forum experience as well as to ensure that this section may continue to offer your talents and services to future visitors to come.
That said, the PSGurus Freelancer shall perform services in a professional and workmanlike manner and shall timely deliver any agreed-upon Work Product.
REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY AS A FREELANCE ARTIST ON THE PHOTOSHOP GURUS FORUM
PSG freelancers must have been members of the Photoshop Gurus forum for 30 days or longer, and have a minimum of 30 posts for eligibility to respond to buyers request in this section.
- By posts, we mean pertinent, constructive statements, not post-spamming, one-liners.
- Anyone unqualified for this area will have their posts deleted.
- NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
FREELANCE AREA GUIDELINES
1) It is mandatory you absolutely must post a reply of interest to the original buyers thread.
- DO NOT BYPASS THIS REQUIREMENT.
- You may keep details of the offer private, but you must make at least one reply in the job thread.
- If you are caught or discovered to have bypassed this rule, an infraction will be given and violators will be locked out of the FREELANCE AREA for a period of 2 weeks. Repeat offenders will risk having their accounts banned.
- TAKE NOTE - Newly registered users or members who have yet to qualify ... you run the risk of your account being banned if you are discovered to have contacted and negotiated with a visiting buyer.
2) Refrain from commenting about the price of compensation that has been offered.
- Do not harass anyone in regards to this.
- If the particular order is not covered in the price list or if the thread starter requests price suggestions, you are welcome to make them.
- If you feel the job is more complex and should pay more, address and discuss the issue directly with the Buyer.
- Do not instigate or get involved in pricing discussions between other members. Such discussions will be deleted.
- If you are not satisfied with the terms set forth by the Buyer, politely decline the offer. Refrain from further contact with them and do not participate in the thread.
3) Transactions and Design submissions are allowed within the thread.
- Unless specified by the Buyer that all transactions be held in private and strictly confidential , the design process is allowed in the thread - open for the buyer to view submissions, give comments or suggestions of alteration and make final choice of design.
- Member to member suggestions are allowed but please refrain from modifying someone's design submission or submitting ripped off or kit-bashed works of others.
- Plagiarism is not condoned here. Members who resort to this will be banned from the forum.
4) Price List
- The Buyers are now required to make a minimum payment for your services.
- To view the minimum price list, click here.
- If you feel the job is more complex and should pay more, discuss the issue with the OP.
5) All submitted images must be watermarked for public viewing approval from a moderator.
- Requirements for WM (watermarks): Rules for PSG Freelancers - Watermarks
- When you post your image, use the Report Button and state “need image approval.”
6) Meeting Deadlines & Communication
- Failure to complete jobs and failure to communicate with the client may result in a disabling of your account or ability to post in this forum section.
7) Problems or Disputes
- Please make sure you have been paid before delivering your finished image.
- If a problem arises, try to resolve this with the OP and be professional at all times.
- If you have any issues you can't resolve, contact our staff.
After the Job
When the work is completed you can request the client to leave a review of your work in the Freelancer Reviews thread. This will encourage other buyers to choose you as a freelancer and helps the community know you are dependable.
Please ask the client to let a moderator or admin know that the job has been completed for closure of thread. You can also inform us in the thread or via PM.
Good Luck and Happy Photoshopping!