What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

megapack of stock DNGs (8-20Mpix)

valravn

finally the upload is complete :cheesygrin:

it's dangerous to go out alone, here takethis.tar (3.7gig)

some assembly required, but i hope everyone find something neat.
if someone extracts something good and wants to reshare, feel free to put i here and wherever you like.
but no redistribution of the DNGs plz.

WOW... it's Huge... lol

Thanks for the offering, Valravn.

Any chance you can divide it into smaller parcels? If i'd download that, it will use up my month's bandwidth quota.

I agree with dv_8....

I don't normally complain about the size of prezzies lol...But damn, this is massive.

The size would be more I believe coz this is a .tar file which compresses the file to a great extent.. what is the exact size of the folder mate ?

And yes, as Lizzy said, can you categorize this and make separate ones so that most of us do not use up the monthly Bandwidth ...

.tar is an uncompressed taped archive. all files just glued together. (any unpacker can decompress that and it does not create any prozessor load. compressed it would be .tar.gz (for [gnu]zip) or .tar.bz .tar.7z etc depending on compression used.

i did not use compression, because dng are allready compressed and nothing would be gained at all. (besides creating prozessor load an possibly increased file size)

i could split them up, but my upstream is really bad, and it would take another 3 full days of my up to get them back..
sry, but if someone with better internets wants to do so feel free to :)

(Wikipedia):

"Digital Negative (DNG) is an open lossless raw image format written by Adobe used for digital photography. It was launched on September 27, 2004. The launch was accompanied by the first version of the DNG specification, plus various products, including a free-of-charge DNG converter utility. All Adobe photo manipulation software (such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom) released since the launch supports DNG. DNG is based on the TIFF/EP standard format, and mandates significant use of metadata. exploitation of the file format is royalty-free; Adobe has published a license allowing anyone to exploit DNG, and has also stated that there are no known intellectual property encumbrances or license requirements for DNG. Adobe stated that if there was a consensus that DNG should be controlled by a standards body, they were open to the idea. Adobe has submitted DNG to ISO for incorporation into their revision of TIFF/EP."
[SUP]
http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/#cite_note-DPReviewISO-7[/SUP]

Back