What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please i need fast help with next..

Windows7

Power User
I want to make a badge(pic)from this image:

Cirkel.jpg

I want to make badge/pic like this:

Carat logo.jpg

There are a numbr of ways to do it, this is only one: Select it with the eliptical marque tool, hold shift for a circle. Copy/paste to a new layer and apply a black inner shadow layer style to it. I also added a little shine on the right side with a brush.
If you want it black, invert the image first. Then you'd need to use white for the shadow color and screen for it's mode.

Last edited:
There are a numbr of ways to do it, this is only one: Select it with the eliptical marque tool, hold shift for a circle. Copy/paste to a new layer and apply a black inner shadow layer style to it. I also added a little shine on the right side with a brush.
If you want it black, invert the image first. Then you'd need to use white for the shadow color and screen for it's mode.
Hey man thank you very much and i really must say that you done it REALLY NICE!!!!WOOOOW!!!!So perfect!

But i have a problem and that is:if i select it with the eliptical marque tool and i select ctrl+t to adjust the cirkel to make it bigger or smaller because it's almost impossible to select it 'perfect' from the first time then i don't know but the whole image gets bigger or smaller and i just can't get out of that problem.. :s

Transform will transform what you have selected...If you need to adjust the selection itself, from the top menu bar use Select-Transform Selection.

Hey man,ok it works what you say and i use 'transform selection' BUT.. now the problem is that i just can't select the whole image in one time.. if i make the cirkel bigger to get all the letters and stuff in the selection then i get pieces OUTSIDE the image automatically selected the i don't want to.. ,here is an image:

Transform Selection.jpg

Damn man you're god!!!!!!!ahahhaha!!!!!you learned me perfect how to make that badge and here is the result!!!!!

SELF MADE LA ROCCA WHITE BADGE!!!!.png

You know man.. the key was using 'transform selection' AND 'canvas size' which i NEVER heard of before but in this cases it is really A MUST to work with otherwise you just can't get the whole image in the badge!!!!!

AGAIN MAN THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND YOU MADE ME REALLY HAPPY AND NOW I'M GONNA MAKE REALLY A TONS OF BADGES!!!!AHAHHAH!!!!

Excellent, couldn't have done it better myself.

Hey man i don't want to be annoying but i have another problem and that is that i want to make a badge from next image but when i make the image bigger with "canvas size" then the parts outside the image gets white but i want to make it grey like the logo itself:

Here is the image:

170723_1693323105796_1619352857_1531790_4299348_o.jpg

and when i make it bigger with 'canvas size' i get this:

Canvas size.jpg

Btw: .. at the white badge i made i was lucky that the image was white too so the canvas size fitted great because it's white too but all the other images i tried that are NOT WHITE i get stuck because the canvas size is white and i want to make the canvas size the same color as the image self.. :s:s:s

Last edited:
Set the background color (not the foreground) to that same color. Now make your canvas larger.

The Studio Badge.pngI already found it man!!!!!

I used the eyedropper tool to sample the gray color and then paint bucket the canvas size and then i get a nice big image without different colors... .

Here is the result:

There are many ways to get the same place in PS. Whatever works for you, is the best way.

There are many ways to get the same place in PS. Whatever works for you, is the best way.

What are the other ways????I'm just curious.. .

They look great, nice job guys.
Thanks!

I really begin to loooove Photoshop!!!!!The sky is the limit with it!:)

Btw:HOLYYYYY F****CK MAN!!!!DID YOU CREATE YOUR AVATAR LOGO YOURSELF??????

WHAT IS THAT MAN????I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY IT BUT IT'S NOT A BADGE LIKE OURS.. THERE ARE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS IN!THE HEAD IS HIGHER IN THEN THE BADGE!!!!WOW!!!!

AND HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT FONT????

Last edited:
Use the same technique that hawkeye showed you, in order to fill the rest of the canvas whit the same background color used in the image just create a new layer underneath the original picture, then use the eyedropper tool to load the same color as the original background and just fill the new created layer whit that color

* protip always use the eyedropper to match and get exact color shade from any picture.

* edit nice work whit the badges.

Btw:HOLYYYYY F****CK MAN!!!!DID YOU CREATE YOUR AVATAR LOGO YOURSELF??????

WHAT IS THAT MAN????I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY IT BUT IT'S NOT A BADGE LIKE OURS.. THERE ARE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS IN!THE HEAD IS HIGHER IN THEN THE BADGE!!!!WOW!!!!

AND HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT FONT????

Thanks! I thought it was time for a new avatar so I made this last night. It's created from a photo of an Alexander the Great medal, I just did a bit of tweaking and added the text over it. The font is a free font called "Art Greco" you can find it easily on many font sites. I just added a drop shadow, inner shadow, hard chisel bevel and gradient overlay to the text. I sampled areas of highlight on the face for the gradient overlay colors.

Here is the original photo I started with:
alexander-the-great.jpg

Use the same technique that hawkeye showed you, in order to fill the rest of the canvas whit the same background color used in the image just create a new layer underneath the original picture, then use the eyedropper tool to load the same color as the original background and just fill the new created layer whit that color

* protip always use the eyedropper to match and get exact color shade from any picture.

* edit nice work whit the badges.

Yeah i already found it man and the best way is to use eyedropper to make the canvas bigger BUT still it doesn't work always!

It works great when there is only 1 basic color to sample BUT.. if there are other colors in OR effects then it is not nice when you make the canvas bigger so then i gave up to make a badge of that one!

But thx that you liked the badges!:)

Nice to hear man!

Btw:again.. A VERY BIG THX TO "HAWKEYE" because without his help i wouldn't make it so good.. but now i learned it!

I just added a drop shadow, inner shadow, hard chisel bevel and gradient overlay to the text. I sampled areas of highlight on the face for the gradient overlay colors.
Just???!!!!Hahahahh.. that is not nothing what you did man really!!!!

But i'm gonna try to make the same as you with that photo... .

Back