What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the difference between the two - Weird

balavalli

What is the difference between the two - Weird ..Both are the Arial fonts with same size and every thing but its showing difference. Am a newbie in here and to graphics. Any explanation is really appreciated.Its live PSD. I also attached the screenshot of it.

View attachment confused.psd
confused.jpg

they are actually different characters.
the big ones, they are just from the ">" key on your keyboard
the smaller ones, are actually a 'windows alt key code' you type them by holding alt, then pressing the numbers 0187 on your number pad. '»'

omg u people are very smart. what are the other thing i can do with this ' windows Alt key ' as far as web designing is concerned ? BTW tks a lot for the prompt reply.

type all the characters there are, just google for windows alt key codes

they are actually different characters.
the big ones, they are just from the ">" key on your keyboard
the smaller ones, are actually a 'windows alt key code' you type them by holding alt, then pressing the numbers 0187 on your number pad. '»'

Learn something new every day lol...

if your going using dreamweaver there is an option to insert special characters like this

go to insert > html > special characters

Alt codes are great when adding currrency from other countries, like the Pound (£) or Euro (€) as I only have $ on mine

Back