What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's going on?

EaseMaster

Dear PSGS,

Im a clothing designer and I made an artwork yesterday in black and white with a relatively simple design.
Tried opening it a few minutes ago and it bugged out, now when i look at the preview of the file it looks like this:
Schermafbeelding 2015-09-09 om 15.39.01.png

dahell?

Take it easy... don't pull your hair off.... lol ..

How's the file when opened? Where or what did you preview it with? Sometimes a thumbnail preview doesn't show the truth......

edit.... oh, you meant you can't open it either?....

Last edited:
Can I just say, this is just off the record, I'd buy a shirt with that on it. It actually looks pretty cool.

it sounds really stupid, but sometimes it fixed glitching issues at college, have you restarted the PC?

Dear PSGS,

Im a clothing designer and I made an artwork yesterday in black and white with a relatively simple design.
Tried opening it a few minutes ago and it bugged out, now when i look at the preview of the file it looks like this:
View attachment 58423

dahell?

Looking at that preview image, I can't help think that the psd was damaged during the course of the save.

There are two ways I know that might help... one is a bit techie and requires a HEX editor (or binary editor).

The other is using a psd file repairer.... http://www.psd.repair/ ..... but this support CS1 to 5. If you use CS6 or CC, you'll have to look around for the latest.

Vee is right. That's sort of effect you seen when a JPG file (eg, the embedded preview) becomes corrupted. Unfortunately, if the embedded preview is corrupted, there are likely to be problems elsewhere in the PSD file. Let us know if Eggy's or Vee's suggestions help you.

Tom M

PS - I agree with Zeealex. It's definitely a cool effect. Bet you couldn't do it a second time (without a lot of work), LOL.

It wasnt a big effort artwork so I just remade it. Wondered if it was an adobe issue or if I caused it to happen somehow.
But I now know enough! Thanks for the help!

@EaseMaster .... There's actually one more that I've read about..... and that is to rename your psd file.

A most peculiar fix which I never had the chance to try with a corrupt psd but there's no harm trying if you haven't deleted your original.

Probably due to a slight power fluctuation, maybe a glitch that took place during the save from scratch drive to assigned save folder in another drive,.... who knows? But it does happen at moments you don't expect.....

Back