What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lightroom 4 Catalog cannot be opened.

ZipedX

Power User
Hi Guys.

I know this question doesn't involve photoshop so if a moderator want to move this to a more appropriate forum please do. I didn't know where if at all I should place it.

I've gott the following errror in Lightroom and can't seem to fix it any ideas?

I've tried rebooting and that doesn't help.

Lightroom.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Hi dv8_fx!

Oh, I'm not worried I'm sure someone have experienced this problem before. Would be a first otherwise. :D

Thanks for replying though.

Did you do a cold boot?
Don't restart, shut down completely and then start your computer,
Also I found THIS.

I hope this helps but I'm not a LR user either.

Thanks for the effort Steve but to no avail I'm afraid.
I didn't have a .lock file in user>my pictures>lightroom, looked for it under program catalog too...

But not to worry, I can still browse my photos and pictures using bridge until I figure this out.
I suppose google for an hour or so will solve my problems if no one post the solution before I find the time and energy:D

Did you do a cold boot?
Don't restart, shut down completely and then start your computer,
Also I found THIS.

I hope this helps but I'm not a LR user either.

Hi again Steve.

Just wanted to say thanks again and tell you that my problem is solved now. I'd already tried your suggestion so I decided to do a full disk sweep to see if I could find the little critter somewhere. As it turned out I found one on my backup disk, (2 backups old I might add). Anyway I deleted that and voila!

Back