What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1%K in default white??

Rantin Al

Guru
I happened to notice that my masks were acting a bit funny. I was getting partial transparency when painting on the mask with default white.

I checked it with the eyedropper and info palette. Sure enough, I had a 1%K in the white.
The swatches white was OK.

I ditched all relevant prefs, still there.
I ditched some third party trial plug-ins, still there.
I ditched all extra plug-ins, still there.
I pulled the remaining tufts from my rather sparse dome, even that didn't work.

I was about to re-install the whole thing when I remembered I had been experimenting with the colour settings. I had been trying to sort out some colour management problems for my former boss.

I had been 'experimenting' with the advanced colour settings and had been using the Apple Colorsync Workflow, thinking that this would be a good base to start from.
In truly inspired fashion,(read desperation ) I changed the colour engine to Adobe (ACE).

Chime of bells and the 1%K white turned to proper white.

This was the only thing I changed, the rest of the settings were still set up for Colorsync.

Anyone got any thoughts about this? Apart from don't monkey with the Advanced Colour Settings.

I've asked this on PST and have all the links to colour management.
So I'm just asking if anyone has come across anything similar.

Cheers Al

Rantin Al

Guru
Seems that there is a known "bug" in the ColorSync engine.

Al

Erik

Guru
Sorry, I did not reply because I have no experience with this.Yet I suppose, because you mention "K" you work in CMYK here?

Rantin Al

Guru
No problem Erik.

The image was actually in RGB but when I brought up the Colour Picker, the Numbers in the boxes for RGB were out in both the G&B by 2 steps, and the CMYK was giving a 1% in the Black (K).
It also showed up as 1% in the Info palette when I checked with the eyedropper.

Cheers Al.

kiwi

Guru
It must be a bug.......are you using OSX RA?

I am using 9.1 {ya a Luddite}and I checked to make sure all is ok with my Colorsync set up.

Stu.

Rantin Al

Guru
Hiya Kiwi,

Yes I'm running OSX 10.2.6, PS 7.01 and I think the ColorSync is v4.1.

Just went back to using the Adobe (ACE) and it's OK.
Well, apart from the monitor being totally devoid of the Red pixels! [upset]

It sort of makes a mockery of spending time on calibration. :rofl:

Not to worry, I'm picking up a new 20" monitor tomorrow. :D :D

Cheers Al

kiwi

Guru
Ah glad you got it sorted :perfect:

I should be using Smeagol or Panther within the next couple of months,so I see a few headaches for Stu coming....hahahahaa :D

Stu.