What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 New Tutorials are up!

Erik

Guru
Very good work, Rick.
Hey, girls: did ya notice we're all saints, huh??? :\ [innocent] [confused]

sfm

Guru
great work there Rick well done

ha ha ha Erik....... you reckon the halo will stand to be counted hey - nice try :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

Sanby

Power User
Great work.

That second one looks very nice. Man I'm good looking [slick] ;)

Sanby

wbiss

Guru
Very nicely done Rick... :perfect:

But you do realize (don't you) that you've created some 'waves' with the "obvious" absence of at least one gurette! [doh]

Erik: Hey, girls: did ya notice we're all saints, huh???
Nope! [confused]

:D I didn't see one halo that could be shared amongst the bunch of you! :D :p

Geoff

haha totally awesome Rick :D :D well here's mine

wbiss

Guru
;) Totally *awesome* Geoff! :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: Great results there on Mark's new tutorial! :D

theKeeper

Guru
Aw man, excellent idea Rick, very cool. :perfect:

Wow guys you're making me SO happy! To see that the tute is so easily understand by everyone. Your 'versions' are looking great! Nice jobs all! [excited]

Sanby...
All i did was to add a HUE&SAT Adjustment layer atop the layers palette, then change the HUE & SAT settings. After changing the main colour (HUE), i desaturated it a bit.

wbiss

Guru
Rick: Don't worry wendy I'm planning on doing a Gurette version as well
:D :D :D

Mark, I worked my way through both of your new tutes and, from what I've seen, they're 'flawless'! :perfect: That 'chrome effect' had me playing for hours using the "invert & multiply" technique... 8[ So simple... so effective! ;)

I particularly like the fact that you "throw in" lots of ways and suggestions on how to take the 'basics' a step or two further. This encourages the "tutoree" to play and experiment and learn even more! [excited]

Kudos! :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

theKeeper

Guru
Thanks Wendy, i need that kind of input. :perfect:

That's always been my moto -- go beyond the basic lesson, and make the effect your own.

wbiss

Guru
Mark: That's always been my moto -- go beyond the basic lesson, and make the effect your own.
:D :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

sfm

Guru
yep agree with you Wendy.......... it is so cool how at the end of the tute Mark doesn't just leave you there........ there is that gentle push to try this and that and then whoops! hours have gone by with all the experimenting and fun you've had..........

keep it up Mark - no other tutes I have come accross do this and I think it is great :perfect:
sfm