What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Macbook

dgolds

hey everyone,

I just purchased a new MacBook. After purchasing it I realized it only has 1.2 GHz dual-core intel Core m3 processor with turbo boost up to 3.0GHz

I just wanna make sure this is enough power for me to do my occasional light editing and creating in photoshop.

dgolds

thanks for posting that but I'm still not quite sure what all this means...

macOS
  • Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
  • macOS version 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS version 10.12 (Sierra), or Mac OS X version 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*
  • OpenGL 2.0-capable system
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.**

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Go to Apple menu and select about this Mac.
Click on more info.

Argos

Guru
I dont think you have any problem with that processor, and the most important things for photoshop to run smoothly are Memory Ram and ssd hard drive. Unless you're working with big archives (more than 1 - 2 GB) i dont think you will have any problem.

Cheers!

dgolds

I dont think you have any problem with that processor, and the most important things for photoshop to run smoothly are Memory Ram and ssd hard drive. Unless you're working with big archives (more than 1 - 2 GB) i dont think you will have any problem.

Cheers!
Thank you so much!