What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D Movie Projector

For several weeks I was busy learning "Blender".

Slowly I'm starting to understand how to work with this program. Progress is difficult and tough, I'm probably too old to move ahead more quickly.
But today I'll still show you my first Blender job.
I am proud of the result, although it still has a lot of flaws, which I will take into account in my next work.

I look forward to a lot of feedback from you.

Projector render2 1700.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Very nice Chris, have to admire you trying to learn Blender great result:thumbsup:I tried and failed :shocked:

What's the render time like with Blender?

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
I like it!! at first sight the first thing coming to my mind is that i like more and looks more realistic for me the parts with dark tones than the clear ones,

The blackground i disapprove :rofl:.

Good work, cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This looks very nice although, at first glance, I don't see much difference with PS 3D.
:thumbsup:

Hats off for starting with Blender.
It is installed on my PC but I never got further then some tutorials. Maybe in the winter.

I like it!! at first sight the first thing coming to my mind is that i like more and looks more realistic for me the parts with dark tones than the clear ones,

The blackground i disapprove :rofl:.

Good work, cheers!

Thanks Argos.
I agree, the metal parts and the dark wooden parts look much better than the golden tubes and the movie reels.
I have to try out different textures and render settings.

This looks very nice although, at first glance, I don't see much difference with PS 3D.
:thumbsup:

Hats off for starting with Blender.
It is installed on my PC but I never got further then some tutorials. Maybe in the winter.

Thanks Eggy.
I'm not satisfied with the surfaces yet, you know I like them glossy. The golden tubes still look very dead!
For a beginner, Blender looks very complicated. Though tutorials help to learn the basic.
And yes, render time is fantastic! I could not believe it.

MrToM

Guru
This doesn't look any different to what you were getting out of PS....BUT....take that as a compliment!

In the short space of time you have been using Blender you are now at a stage where your results are comparable to that of PS...and in ONLY 45 seconds too!

The BIG difference here is not only the render times, (by using the right tool for the job), but that this CAN be improved upon....it WILL get better. I feel you hit a brick wall with PS when you were struggling to improve without it taking an exponential amount of time to do so.

Now though, you can only go forward and improve on an already terrific start....and short render times allow you to 'experiment' more, it encourages you to try different things.....no need to wait several hours to find out something didn't work.

Keep up the learning.....it will get easier, and one day everything will just fall into place...if it hasn't already.

Regards.
MrToM.

This doesn't look any different to what you were getting out of PS....BUT....take that as a compliment!

In the short space of time you have been using Blender you are now at a stage where your results are comparable to that of PS...and in ONLY 45 seconds too!

The BIG difference here is not only the render times, (by using the right tool for the job), but that this CAN be improved upon....it WILL get better. I feel you hit a brick wall with PS when you were struggling to improve without it taking an exponential amount of time to do so.

Now though, you can only go forward and improve on an already terrific start....and short render times allow you to 'experiment' more, it encourages you to try different things.....no need to wait several hours to find out something didn't work.

Keep up the learning.....it will get easier, and one day everything will just fall into place...if it hasn't already.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks MrTom for your encouraging comment. I really appreciate it.

The truth is that I struggled like hell to put this image together.
I really hope with more practice "things" will fall into place one day.