What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D Typography - Swimming In The Pool

It always amazes me to see your new creations Lambert.
Love your new piece, especially the depth of the the pool is clearly visible.:thumbsup:

Argos

Guru
Nice work! I dont know exactly how the 3d works but it's not the umbrella to much bright compared with the floor?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
It always amazes me to see your new creations Lambert.
Love your new piece, especially the depth of the the pool is clearly visible.:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris,

For the watersurface I used a material and a mix shader glossy/transparent.

It seems logic that you can see through the surface of poolwater.

The only snag was that with using the mix shader I lost some of the blue from the water texture.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Nice work! I dont know exactly how the 3d works but it's not the umbrella to much bright compared with the floor?

Thanks Argos,

I know, but I didn't find a nice linnen texture to combine with the colors.

I'll have to add that and desaturate the parasol.

To be continued...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Well spotted Chris!
I didn't see that one.

When importing a SVG created in Coreldraw and converting the mesh there's a surplus of edges in the surface plane that I dissolve to end up with two faces for the pool 'surface'.
I must have dissolved an edge to much causing the gap! And I didn't even see it...

Untitled-1.jpg

I'l correct that!

Thanks again Chris.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged,

Hard for the olympic standard but hey, it's challenging...:biglaff:

This looks way better Lambert.
Not just that little flaw...overall the scene is sunnier and brighter now, and the pool water looks clean and inviting.

Again, great work, and very inspiring!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I made the tiles smaller, desaturated the parasol colors, switched my filter pump on to clean the pool water :)biglaff:)

I'm not doing any major project for the moment, just testing all kind of possibilities...

About 2 weeks ago I did an image with a pool, though the pool is just a tiny speck.
I think I'm going to post this one?!