What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific 90s style edit

Squidward91

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a 90s vintage edit for this photo, sort of polaroid style but without the white box. Here is the photo (I understand it is not the best quality but I figured that might help the cause?):

Mask004.jpg

Mod edit: One edit per request please. Thanks.

I know my explanation isn't the greatest, so I'm attaching the following 4 photos as examples of what I'm looking for as far as coloring and grain (is that the correct term?):

POLexample01.jpgPOLexample02.jpgPOLexample03.jpgPOLexample04.jpg

Thank you! Hope you are all staying well.

Is something like this what you have in mind? I'm not sure if there's anything specific about the '90s in the four examples you gave, but they all seem to be old photos that have faded, become stained & grainy, and have developed a color cast. So I basically took your photo and beat the crap out of it.

Rich

Mask004.jpg

Hi Rich! Thank you for your edit and I know my request wasn't so clear. I do like your edit although, forgive me if the terminology is wrong here, I think in the examples I provided they have more of cool tones and the color cast on the edit is warmer. Could a similar edit be possible to match the colors more to the examples?

Also, how did you end up getting that "beaten" effect? Because it looks really good!

Here are two alternatives, one with a blue color cast and one with green. Do you know how to use Photoshop at all? If yes, I could send you my file, which has a solid color adjustment layer that gives the color cast. If you know how, you could change that to any color you wanted.

For the beaten effect, I grabbed a photo of an old, rusted, corroded piece of metal and overlaid it onto your photo. Also, I have a customized brush that I made for another purpose, and I used that to paint the white dots that you see, for example, over the eyes.

Mask- Blue.jpg

Mask- Green.jpg

I love the blue one, thank you! I used to play around in photoshop when I was in school years ago but unfortunately I wasn't able to continue due to lack of the program at home. Great edits, thanks again!

I love the blue one, thank you! I used to play around in photoshop when I was in school years ago but unfortunately I wasn't able to continue due to lack of the program at home. Great edits, thanks again!

Glad you like it. I prefer the blue one, too.

Back