What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a bit of help needed

scorpion

i am looking for some help on how to make the following:

1) spiders web sort of effect
2) a circuit board or some sort of computer circuitry

any help would be great :D thanks

So, what have you tried so far? How about posting some example techniques or screenshots of what you've tried. :perfect:

And what efforts have you taken such as search engines for tutorials and such? There are some good ones already out there. Have you looked for/tried those?

have tried www.good-tutorials.com, google, and many other tut sites not found any circuit boards found some spiders web ones but not in the style i want

and best circuitry style i've made is below but it's not totally what i want

found this in show board it's the sort of style i want.

if anyone could right a quick tut i'd be happy :)

The spider web looks like a perfect opportunity to use the pen tool, As far as the Circuit board goes, I think the best thing, is to find a pic of one you like then try to create what you see.

Here is a pic of a curcuit board - you are welcome to use it if you like

Best circuitry has to be drawn.
To get that greenish shine: Use white lines on black background, and work with stroke. Then place a dark green below it and set the blend mode of the top to overlay.

To get a result like you seem to look for:

-use clouds in black and white
-difference clouds a few times
-mosaic filter
-posterize to some 16 hues
-find edges
-glowing edges
-set to overlay (or soft light) and place a darkgreen layer below it

I found something similar on the net long time ago, so I hope I'm not revealing someone's secret method here...

Must say that with stroked paths and the glowing edges one can go much futher.

Here's the auto-clouds result:

thanks for the help with that i'll try to encorperate some of those into my design :perfect:

just spiders web left can't for the life of me do it with pens :(

Depending on how organic/realistic you want the web to appear, I think it could be constructed by simply stroking a selection...

I'll try to explain what I was thinking and then illustrate it a bit later.

I tried making a round-ish selection (large) and then scalloped the edges by subtracting from this selection using the ellipse tool whilst holding down alt key. Stroke this 1px wide then contract the selection, say 16px and repeat stroke, continue to make a set of 'concentric' ring shapes. Drawing lines along the points radially makes a sort of web.

Otherwise, I tried to make a more realistic web from the corner of a graphic by drawing the radial lines and then using the pen tool to make a spiral path. I messed that one up before I could try to stroke it ;\ might have another go because that was looking quite successful.

Do you have Illustrator? I could tell you how to make a spider web in Illustrator in about 15 seconds.

I would suggest either building paths that you can stroke, or simply drawing it if you want that more uneven effect like in that picture.

Circuit boards, I would suggest just playing around with using the pencil tool and constraining the angles with the shift key. You can pretty quickly generate things that way.

Back