What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Castle Age Shield

realneed4speed

Im looking for a photoshop constructed Castle Age Shield, a made a quick sketch in Ms Paint.. of the type of shield im lookin for.. please help me out with the construction of it... i cant find a way to make a nice design in photoshop

are asking how to make the shape of the shield or how to make everything of a shield?

edit. heres a shield i did a while ago....something like this?

well I made the one above using the pen tool for the shape, then I converted the path that was made using the pen tool to a selection.

I then used the selection to fill a layer with a light gray/dark gray reflected gradient. That was the basis of my shield. I then started texturing, adding details, with the paintbrush on successive layers.

I then used Hue/sat (colourised option checked) to add colour.

Finally I added a drop shadow, and a layer at the very top with a white to black linear gradient, layer mode soft light to add some more lighting.

hope that helps

thats Really good!!!!! wow.... can i have the PSD?? its for a skool project.... so.. i need jstuff fast...

heres the path for you, unzip the psd, and have a look in the path palette to see/use the path...

hope it helps

I am looking to enlarge the image to 1200 x 750.... its a school project.... hmmm.... is there a way u can take out the glow on the outside of the image. Thank you for your help

If it is for a school project, aren't you supposed to do at least SOME of the work yourself???

Using Squeeze's technique, I think I achieved a fair result. So if I can do it - everybody can!

you never did answer my question in my last post? lol

if you need to resize, do it with the zipped .psd (IMAGE--CANVAS SIZE) enter your new dimensions

then, go to the paths palette, make the path palette active, choose the 'path selection tool' (little black arrow in the too bar).

Now, when you go to EDIT--TRANSFORM PATH--SCALE, you'll get a box opo up around the path, while holding the shift key, drag one of the handles on the transform box to make the path bigger.(holding shift will keep the path proportional), or enter numbers in the options bar.

That will give you a larger version to work with :) hope it helps

(I bet your project is due Monday right? heh)

no tuesday... i got alot of other stuff too.... like projects for all the classes.. i just got back from vaction =_=

nice one dido!! ok... i will try it tomm... because... i am really sleepy rite now... thanks for ur help squeeze :)

reelneed4speed - don't forget to show us how it turned out now will you

I thought it looked like fun so I made one as well B7

Back