What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Castle Age Shield

I made this... but... Can u guyz help me improve it?? please?? hmm information has to go inside in the boxes which i will add later. The boxes can be changed (Color/Design wise, somewhat rearranged, but not to change the placement) PLease do help with the looks wise... it would be very helpful..the download is http://saada.50free.org/shield_path.zip

good stuff all...

yeah let us see your finished work ! would be nice to see how it turns out... glad it helped!

well.. squeeze.. the thing is.. that i am very very very rusty with ps... so i need sum help... i gave the link up there for the .psd... please help

oops, didnt see your post.... doh

Ok, the biggest thing that sticks out, is it look real new. Also, maybe alittle complex, but still... you just need to add some 'dirt' texture to it.

If you head over to www.gurusnetwork.com , in there PS section they have a good tutorial by DarkGarden on 'weathered metal'. I think that would really help you get an older used look to your shield.

You have to remember that this stuff usually is not learnt overnight, it takes some time experiemtning with various tools and techniques to get better. Just stick with it and keep practicing. Thats the key.

A quick trick that might help is to create a layer above your shield, do a render-clouds (default colours), change the layer mode to colour burn, lower the opacity and do some gaussian blurring to make it look less like clouds...

or try a new layer, fill with mid gray, change the layer mode to overlay and go to work on that layer with the dodge/burn tools and some scratchy brushes....

Realneed, we'll all try to help you achieve the effect you're after, but if you're wanting us to do it for you, you probably won't succeed. You don't learn anything that way, especially in a class. It really becomes cheating then; so if you need this for tomorrow, keep at it and let us see your progress so we can help you without doing your work for you.

If you are so "rusty" that you can't do this, then you might be in the wrong class...

This was fun to play with, though...

i dont have enough time to do the project =_+!! because...the rusted metal thing is kinda long..... pleaaaseee i really need help

why dont you just work on it the best you can... like I posted, the more you work at it, the better you will become, but you cant just become great overnight, thats just not the way things work my friend.... so you submit a piece thats not as good as you would like, but still its an honest submission.

Just hang in there and stick with it guy!

You know, we've all been through school. We all know the demands between homework and Life, and we all know how you pay the consequenses of one for the other...

I did the effects in less than 5 minutes. No, we will NOT do your homework for you, sorry.

If you are in a hurry you may wish to look in the custom shapes. There are several shapes that can be used as shields and to decorate them.

Back