What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few questions....

rgbivens

how long does your "new member" status stay with you??? cause i have been around for quite awhile i think...i have done 3 or 4 of Gare's challenges i know for sure and i have been around for longer than that....I keep getting people going

"Welcome rgbivens!!!"

and I'm sittin' here thinking...ya, you have already said that....twice...so i was just wondering... it just kinda annoys me a little....

and for some reason when i try and change things in my profile it keeps on saying something about not having a valid email address...and there isn't a spot for an email address....i checked all my messengers and stuff like msn which uses an email address and they are all ok....so whats up with that, can anybody tell me?

-GB

It is your own choice...
Go to your Profile page, and give yourself a custom rank of your choice.

If not, we'll have to contact that supermod, His Partial Transparancy: Mark theKeeper

Hi GB. [excited]

Ya sorry bout any confusion, but that title is based on posts. That's the only way the board (having no brain to speak of) can tell how long a user has been around.

As Erik mentioned though... you CAN create your own custom rank title. I wouldn't put too much importance on the member title, it's practically useless. However, it IS needed. Those choosing to "lurk" and not post are not considered "Active" members. Once a memebr has posted a specific number of times (25), they will be 'tagged' as active.

As for changing your user prefs... ya sorry again, that was me NOT using me brain. DOH! [doh]
I've recently had to make a change in the Forum membership process and i forgot to add something to the code for that page... anywho... it's fixed now and changes can now be made no problem. :perfect:

If somebody joins the board in 2002 and now has only 25 posts, then he's still considered a newbie in my view, but that's just personal.

But it can be worse; I've visited boards that call a user in the same situation a "regular" user :rofl:

Ok, so I am able to change my "custom rank" now but it still says new member and I know I have made more than 25 posts.

You are right, its not that important, I just want to tell you that its still saying I'm a "new member" as you can see I changed my rank to /)(\/)(\/)(\/)(\ and it still says new member above it...

anywho, I'm able to change stuff in my profile now! Thanks a lot!

-GB

Theoretically, posts may be lost, but, believe me: the modsquad only deletes posts when the countenance is repeatedly way beyond a normal human conversation, when we all agree it is necessary (and I wouldn't know why your postings would ever be touched) and after warning, and giving the poster the chance to change his behaviour.

So if indeed posts were lost, you may want to inform Mark the Keeper as he's in control fo this spaceship. (Beam me up, Kiwi)

Back