What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a few to make money using photoshop

tutsyassine

1) Create Photoshop brushes or other goodies and sell them online.

2) Write Photoshop tutorials. You can write and sell your tutorial .

3) Start a T-shirt design business using your Photoshopped images

If it were only that easy!

Please elaborate and provide explanations.

tutsy said:
1) Create Photoshop brushes or other goodies and sell them online.
Where? Why would anyone pay for brushes when they are so easy to make as well as acquire online?

tutsy said:
2) Write Photoshop tutorials. You can write and sell your tutorial .
Again, where?

tutsy said:
3) Start a T-shirt design business using your Photoshopped images
Perhaps just a design business who may, on hopefully rare occasions, has to painstakingly create a t-shirt design.

Number 1 has been said your suggestion will not make you a great deal of money. The money is at selling templates on places like Graphic river where people buy a package and change text and colours to there needs. simple and once you get a whole catalogue of stuff it generates a steady income the more you add the more money you get.

second option would be to be a personal photoshopper many public figures/ celebrities hire people to touch up press images before they go public, If you get a lucky break you can make 25K a month easily but this is a dream for 99.9999999% of people and very unlikely.

The truth is photoshop artists demand is very low to many kids have a copy of ps or people from very poor backgrounds who will beat any prices you can set to make a decent living. Photoshop these days is a token skill to larger skill sets that people are willing to pay for ie web design.

tshirts are available to cheap and every printing business offers this.

Tutorials will work if you get a good fan base and maybe set up a subscription based tutorial site but then you are competing with the likes of lynda.com or Kelby training who upload far more tutorials than you could as an independant person. If you have high quality tutorials then maybe they will offer you a job doing tutorials under there name.

if you went down the route of youtube yes there is money that can be made as long as your willing to make a tutorial a day that will get you 1 million views for each 1.

I'd love to make some money photoshopping... I could do this all day long.

My daytime job is working at a software company in development.

Number 3, you can use RedBubble to make shirt designs and they print them and ship them for you when someone buys it. It won't make enough money to live off of, but over a few months I have made over $300 there.

Back