What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a little help to finish it up

A Squarecan

Hey guys,

Maybe I am just being too picky, but I ended up having to make a tac i thought ok 2-3 mins and i was done. WRONG lol i just couldn't make my self . But I finally got it to where i am happy, it could probally use some lighting or something, but I was curious how i could make the actual "pin" part look more real, i played around with cloud effects and differnt gradients, even a chrome effect, but no luck. any ideas?

43929519.gif

Thanks
Keith

I couldn't make it out coz it was kinda small and pixelated when I blew it up in PS. But a darker shade of grey on the shadow side may perk it up. Select the pin, fill the selection with the gray, select eraser tool and erase say half of the pin..... and play around with the layer modes.......

my 2 sens.....

vee

The top plastic part of the pin looks great, the lower metal part seems to short and sharp. The push pins I have here, the metal part is longer and only pointed right at the end.

So to answer your question, I think the proportions need working on... good work though, but as mentioned , its very small?

well I went back an tweeked the colors, still not liking what I got oh well.

I am more happy with my background that i made then my tac pin lol

43957779.gif

Keith

It looks great, but the pin part could use a little something.

Try a metal gradient (black, white, black) on a new layer (with the pin area as a selection) to give it a realistic highlight. then drop the opacity on that layer, and maybe add some noise to another layer above that.

I found a simlilar tack on the floorlast night, and the pin part was a little bit bent. I've also seen/felt many where the very end of the pin has a little curl from being pushed in too hard at some point.

But really, I think it looks great already, nice work!

On the example with the corkboard, you'll want to send the drop shadow in an entirley different direction, so it will have the illusion of actually sticking in the board, and not laying on it.

Ok I think I got it to how I like it using your advice you guys gave me :D

And Tioe I few a drop shawdow in there real quick just so it wasnt so plain. I dont think I made a .psd of that picture :( But no big deal I wouldnt be using it for anything any ways

Keith

Back