What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Mossy Old Tree Texture...

theKeeper

Guru
Someone reminded me just recently (OZ) that i had posted the files for this effect on my old board. So i've tightened up the Actions even more now, and i'm reposting them here on this board for anyone that wnats to use them. No strings...

And with these, you actually won't NEED a tute! :D

Mossy Moldy Tree.zip (this group of files is 310kb in size)

Below is just a sample of one final result that can be achieved.
(actually... go to this thread to see the sample image -- http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=264&perpage=10&pagenumber=2)
But this effect relies on running abstract filters which will produce quite a different looking effect every time. This sample image started at 640x480. I flattened and scaled it down to this size -- i flattened it first so that the effects of the Styles would scale correctly.

TIP:
After importing the Action & Style files, just run the first Action in the group. It will create a New Document for you, but will pause there so YOU can set the size you want it to be.

NOTE: i haven't yet tried this effect on a document larger than 640x480, so results may be different with larger doc sizes -- but i highly doubt it will make any difference. [excited]

PS: Good luck dissecting these Actions! mooohahahahaaa! [sly] :rofl:
And if you have any problems opening/running this Action set, let me know here, in this thread.

Even though this is an oldie (moldy) thread, it's still getting some "action" from PsT.

The link here is broken because it's referring to the old site (photoshopgurus.info instead of .com).

Here's the link for it's current location:

Mossy_moldy_tree.zip.

We suspect there are a lot of these older files with the .info suffix on them.

Ohhhh the humanity!

Klaatu Baradda Nikto said:
Even though this is an oldie (moldy) thread, it's still getting some "action" from PsT.

The link here is broken because it's referring to the old site (photoshopgurus.info instead of .com).

Here's the link for it's current location:

Mossy_moldy_tree.zip.

We suspect there are a lot of these older files with the .info suffix on them.

Ohhhh the humanity!

I'm sure there is many too. I'm sure most of the threads are old enough that they won't be noticed though [honesty]

Unless someone digs a thread up!

- Al

Klaatu Baradda Nikto said:

Yes, I still want to fix that by running a query over the database, it's still in the planning. ;)

Alistair, there is a search and 'advanced' search right up there below the header. :\

And, thanks Mark for those! :perfect:

Thanks Klaatu for bumping this, and finding it's current resting place. Neat little action set, and a good example of Mark having some good creative fun. It's worth the price admission to study the actions, step-by-step, and see what they're building up to.
:}

Alistair said:
you can change all of them at once??

Sure, no problem, I just did it earlier today with another database. ;)
Soon I'll do the same with our forum's database, but first other things have a higher priority. :)

Klaatu, it was pointing to yet another site at PsT. So I'm correcting the link with its current location, unless gauss prefers not to, but the bandwidth involved should not be that important.

Back