What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abstract Model (Feedback & Advice)

CL3

Hey guys just finished this little abstract piece my first real sort of attempt at anything like this.

Just wondering if any one would of done anything different ? and what i could perhaps of improved on ?.

I know with every piece of art people will have different opinion but i wanna get as good as i can at this.

Many Thanks

4865.jpg

Abtsract Model 2.jpg

2 or 3 things stick for me, this is just from a personal point only.

1 is the de-saturation of the model, i think this detracts from the overall image.

2. everything seems to be behind the model, apart from a couple of areas, when doing something like this i personally tend to take the models shape and stance in to account. This allows you get more of feel where the other things could flow and wind around her as well as bursting out from her.
3. light leeks, i love light leeks on some thing like this, just subtle ones but never the less very good ones .

Well like i said that's just from a personal point of view, Here's something i took from the web

2014-05-06 21_47_09-abstract model art - Google Search.png

I think the color, the affects and small glows and light leeks would combine well with your image and whats already there if you play around with it.

Reactions: CL3
thanks for the feedback bro some good advice will be taken on board, i see what you mean about the saturation and that mose effects come from beneath the model will that into consideration on my next attempt. are upload some changes dont want to spend to much longer on this my biggest mistake is spending to much time on a project when i could be learning something else.

I really like both examples given, but for different reasons.

In the OP's desaturated one, the model feels to me like she is jumping out of the background more, whereas in inkpad's full color version, the model seems like she is engulfed by these wonderful effects. Different strokes ...

T

Back