What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Hit Counter

Doc

First, I hope you all had a great Christmas. :}

For a new home page, I wanted a little something different for a 'hit counter'. So, using Image Ready, I put this together:
speedo.gif

Here's the link to the test page...everytime you refresh the page, the counter will roll over one more number.

http://glewis.us/speedo.html

Now to scale it down some and maybe work on a digital clock next. :)

Doc

Deacon

Speedo Counter

Greetings Doc,
How can I get a hold of the speedo counter you made? it would go great on our motorcycle ministry website wheelsofgracemc org I am using frontpage.
Thanks,
Deacon

Last edited:

Wojcek

It should only count unique IPs in my opinion (with reset after a certain time), which this one doesn't.

websquad

I think that for most sites, a "hit counter" is really a bad idea. I've been on sights that brag that they have 1,342 hits since January 1, 2002. Wow. If my site was doing that poorly, I'd kill the hit counter and do something about the content to attract visitors.

Hit counters were the cool thing when they started allowing JavaScript in HTML -- sometimes in the mid-90s. I think it has gone out of fashon.

Of course, that's my opinion ... your mileage may vary!

NixellArt

Haha yes, very creative!

I hope to see more creative stuffs soon :]