What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding new knee to incomplete picture

Aragorn1976

Hi, I am trying to recreate the right knee in this picture of Scarlett Johansson. As you can see, I used the create new layer through copy to duplicate the existing knee, rotate it, and move it to complete the other one. However, I am not satisfied by the proportions and I would need some help to understand how to reproduce the tonality of colour of the skin of the existing portion of the knee. Is there a way to do it automatically? Many thanks for your help!!!

Attachments

• Scarlett for Photoshop Gurus.psd
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
There are several issues here:
  • If you want to learn how to do this, then you should post this request in the General Photoshop Board. The Free Request forum is to ask for somebody else to do it for you.
  • In the file you provided, you copied her left knee, which is visible to us from the outside. However, on her right leg, our view of the knee needs to show us the inside. You can't just copy her left knee because it's the wrong angle for the right knee. You need a completely different knee that is viewed from the correct angle. I only spent five minutes looking through some art poses that I have. Here is a view that is pretty close, but not perfect. You should take some time to try to find another image where the knee is shot from the correct angle.

1674184471520.png

Once you resize and position this new knee, you need to match the skin tones. Here's a tutorial for that. (The first several minutes of this tutorial are a discussion of cleaning-up blemishes. To match the skin tones, you can skip to the 7:40 mark of the video.)

Back