What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe: Petition on-line

ApWizard

Hi Mates 8))!
I think all of You heard about new Creative Suite 3 from Adobe, but I'm not sure if all of You heard about the PRICES :\
A Petition on-line against this pricing politics has started, from a user of Adobe Forum, here: http://www.gopetition.com/online/11698.html

ENGLISH
-----------
Adobe has announced the launch of their new CS3 line of products containing
new and improved versions of previous software such as Photoshop, Illustrator,
Flash, etc (details on www.adobe.com).

With new products comes new pricing... fair enough. However, prices for the
same product (i.e. the mac design upgrade from CS2) go from 599$ for an
upgrade in the US to 880$ in Switzerland, the worse being 1'380 $ for the UK
or France... not fair enough! Prices in Europe have always been a little higher,
but 230% is pushing it!

Once I have gathered enough signatures, I will communicate this petition to
Adobe and to the European/Swiss commissions of competition.

In the meantime, if you can, don't purchase the upgrade, it's the best pressure
we can have...

----------------------------------

FRANCAIS
------------
Adobe a annonc? sa nouvelle ligne de produits CS3 avec de nombreuses
am?liorations et des nouveaut?s (plus de d?tails sur www.adobe.fr)

Avec les nouveaux produits, viennent de nouveaux prix... d'accord. Toutefois,
les prix pour le m?me produit (upgrade design kit de CS2) vendu aux US pour
599$ est vendu en Suisse pour 880$ et France ou en Angleterre 1'380 $... pas
d'accord!

Historiquement, les prix de logiciels ont toujours ?t? un peu plus chers en
Europe, mais 230% c'est quand-m?me exag?r?!

Cette p?tition sera envoy?e ? Adobe et aux Mr Prix Suisse / Europ?ens une fois
un nombre suffisant de signatures collect?es.

En attendant, si vous le pouvez, n'achetez pas leur upgrade, c'est la meilleure
mani?re de leur mettre un peu de pression.

Yeah, I never understood those price differences, they are really not necessary and quite ridiculous if you ask me. :\

Agree!

Morten

YIKES! Holy crap that's insane pricing!
And from what i've seen/heard, definately NOT worth it either.

theFounder said:
YIKES! Holy crap that's insane pricing!
And from what i've seen/heard, definately NOT worth it either.

Couldn't agree with you more. There are so many alernatives to express yourself at a fraction of the price. Adobe has started to price themselves right out of the consumer market. That's on both the vector and pixel fronts.

My last upgrade, after a lot of tooth-pulling was from 6 to CS. But that's as far as I'm ready to go. Most of the bells and whistles are pretty lame after a day or two. And I haven't seen any one contract lost because I don't have the Super Magic Perspective Color Balance Filter Correction do-dad.

SCync said:
There are so many alernatives to express yourself at a fraction of the price.
The point is that most people really don't want to switch and that makes it extra frustrating for them. Now if it would be a piece junk, ok, but I'm running CS3 and I can honestly say it's the best version since PS 6 and 7, maybe just because I love these non-destructive filters, been waiting for that for years, it allows a lot of fine-tuning and non-destructive editing. I also compared the speed between CS2 and CS3 using Photoshop's timing function and I can tell you that CS3 runs much faster. In don't know, CS3 just "feels" good and I've heard more people saying that.

I'm also looking forward to use Illustrator CS3, because the rumour is that especially this program has seen the biggest performance improvements and with the fast PC I built I finally hope to "fly" with Illustrator and to uninstall Xara X soon after.

ronmatt said:

Thanks for the update Ron.

Ok, nice try Adobe :D, but the whole world can see that a company like Microsoft, who has to deal with the same problems and probably more, is doing much better.

Of course it's fair that Photoshop is more expensive in Europe, but that wasn't the reason why people complained, they're only mad about how rediculous that difference is. I just compared a few minutes ago Adobe Photoshop at Amazon.COM and Amazon.DE (Germany); Amazon.COM sells for $975, Amazon.DE sells for about $2160!, that's 122% more! \:/
However Windows Vista Ultimate premium sells for 83% more, Office Pro for about 82% more.
Adobe CS3 Design Premium sells 98% more. Now if Adobe would sell it for 83% more (like Microsoft does), then the German customer would save 15%, on an amount of $3500 that makes $525, pretty huge I would say. Again, this is just another example that Microsoft does seem to do things better than most people think.

Btw, even when I ignore Amazon and only compare Adobe stores, then I see pretty much the same percentages. No... they don't play it fair at Adobe, at least that's my opinion and I can fully understand why people are pissed of in Europe.

On the other hand... Corel Draw X3 is 112% more expensive in Europe, so it seems Adobe is not the only one trying to benefit with poor arguments. :D

Bad help PepCrirlprern

Cheers! Tell me please I trying to find an informttion about all states of America Tell me please, who knows! My cat GerhOvance Thanks for attention!

Back