What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Adobe Photoshop CS5

limey

Power User
Hi All, Unfortunately I'm not using my PS as much as I would like to, I'm getting to the point where my eyes are failing me and glasses just don't help that much anymore. That is one problem which I doubt anyone on this forum can help me with. However my other problem is that I can no longer use my PS. I finally had to upgrade from my old and failing MacPro to something with a smaller footprint and something I can lift. I ended up with the Mac mini M1 which I love. However the mini is running Ventura which is 64 bit only, I didn't realize until I tried to use my PS that it was 32 bit and Adobe is not planning on upgrading it. So I am wondering if anyone can suggest a similar program that I could use so that I can continue to dabble with black and white photographs. I've always had good luck getting answers in the past to my PS questions maybe I'll get lucky again.
Thanks fellas.

You might look into Photoshop Elements. It's 64-bit and costs $100 ... one-time cost, no subscription. There's a 30-day free trial.

Last edited:
Thanks I will definitely check it out. Would the tools etc. be similar to PS ?

One major difference is that Photoshop Elements does not have the Pen tool. Personally, that is one of my major go-to tools for editing and composites. I would have a tough time living without it.

One major difference is that Photoshop Elements does not have the Pen tool. Personally, that is one of my major go-to tools for editing and composites. I would have a tough time living without it.
Not a big problem for me, I didn't use it much but thanks for headsup.

Back