What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advise on Apple Mac and Photoshop CS:6

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Hey Guys,

Really getting confused here, I am looking at getting a cheap second user Mac to run Photoshop on but am totally confused on what MAC will actually run it.

Been offered a 2005 PowerMac G5 but from what I can gather, it will not run CS6.

I don't have a lot to spend but was wondering what I should get, I just can't figure it out :confused: :frown:

Thanks Dad :)

Seems the G5 will not run it, so looking at Core2Duo Mac-books on eBay at the moment. Thanks for you help though buddy :thumbsup:

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours today, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty value sufficient for me. Personally, if all site owners and phorumgers made good content material as you probably did, the web might be much more helpful than ever before. best wishes

Not much more i can add from what iDad posted apart from the obvious hardware requirements just make sure the mac you purchase is running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) up to OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), talking from personal experience i would try to get the most up to date version of the OS because my iMac (Running Snow Leopard) no longer received updates i couldn't access the app store etc which pretty much forced me to upgrade so i then went ahead and bought a 13 inch MBP which was alright for a while but i did get performance issues every so often which bugged the hell outta me so i went ahead and bought the 15 inch Retina MacBook (which i would definitely recommend if you have the budget) no problems at all honestly it's a beast apart from photoshop not supporting HiDPI which adobe has hinted at being released December 11th (but that's speculation and that's another topic) simply put as long the Mac you purchase is running 10.6.8 or above you should be fine hope i've helped you out a little mate :cheesygrin:

Last edited:

Back